23 replies to this topic

#21 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

This... is... awesome... 

Just to hear that confirmed is pretty amazing!

#22 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

I read most of the Russian wrestling sites and blogs/forums frequently but I have not read such a thing that they try to avoid Snyder anywhere, definitely not for Sadulaev. From all I've read Sad and his coach want 97kg because they think Sad can beat Snyder, but federation seems to think Sad is really 86kg wrestler so long term 97kg is just not a great fit, Snyder or not. 

It seems clear they want Sad 'in the middle' for few reasons. First, they can spare him the 97kg stress on his body (more potential injuries). Second, allow him to win again at 92kg, then Europeans at 92kg in Dagestan and then likely, worlds at 86kg or 97kg (more like, 97). Third, have him adapt at this intermediate weight and slowly move to 97kg and not like before, jumping to 97kg where he gave up 10kg+ in each bout -- crazy and dangerous for his career.

Also, someone wrote that Snyder allows himself to lose at tournaments like Yarygin so if Sad wins now its unclear what it means at this stage -- he is likely to stay at 92kg anyway for Europeans.

Edited by wfan24, 15 January 2018 - 11:51 AM.

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#23 GranbyTroll

GranbyTroll

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

[Sad] Went up just for the challenge it seems. I still have him as p4p number 1. 

People who have Snyder #1 p4p don't understand how p4p works. Sad is still the #1 p4p

Iowa fans are still arrogant; it's just that their team isn't as good.

#24 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

I read most of the Russian wrestling sites and blogs/forums frequently but I have not read such a thing that they try to avoid Snyder anywhere, definitely not for Sadulaev. From all I've read Sad and his coach want 97kg because they think Sad can beat Snyder, but federation seems to think Sad is really 86kg wrestler so long term 97kg is just not a great fit, Snyder or not. 

It seems clear they want Sad 'in the middle' for few reasons. First, they can spare him the 97kg stress on his body (more potential injuries). Second, allow him to win again at 92kg, then Europeans at 92kg in Dagestan and then likely, worlds at 86kg or 97kg (more like, 97). Third, have him adapt at this intermediate weight and slowly move to 97kg and not like before, jumping to 97kg where he gave up 10kg+ in each bout -- crazy and dangerous for his career.

Also, someone wrote that Snyder allows himself to lose at tournaments like Yarygin so if Sad wins now its unclear what it means at this stage -- he is likely to stay at 92kg anyway for Europeans.

maybe who knows? we'll see 

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users