• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealOne9050

TheRealOne9050

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

I had a dream last night. It's the 2020 Olympics (or maybe 2019 Worlds? It was unclear) and JB and Chamizo are in the same weightclass. They face each other (not in the finals), JB wins 3-2.

Oh, and there's Ramonov, too.

Really hope something like this happens for real. That would be awesome.

#2 Shiraz123

Shiraz123

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

You dream and hope that JB beats by far the best wrestler in your country 3-2? Lol
  • TheRealOne9050 likes this

#3 TheRealOne9050

TheRealOne9050

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

Nope, I meant the three of them in the same weightclass would be awesome.

You know, dreams are weird.

#4 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:24 AM

If Dake keeps improving JB will not make the team in 2020. Injuries is key here for Dake I think. If he is healthy I think he is the guy. But he could go 189 but I doubt that. JB needs two more Golds to pass Smith. He may get that in 2018 and 2019 but then will not make team in 2020.

#5 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:02 AM

Dream aside, Chamizo is P4P best wrestler on the planet and I will argue it to the death, that dude is just sooooo comfortable everywhere and always goes big.... I'll always cheer for USA but if Burroughs and Franklin were to grapple and my life was at stake, I'm flying that Italian flag all day, I think he could go up a weight or down and still be the best

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
  • Coach_J and headache like this

#6 GoNotQuietly

GoNotQuietly

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

Chamizo is probably my favorite wrestler to watch in the world, and a very cool guy in person....but he has an extremely ill-advised style to wrestle against Burroughs, IMO.  He leaves his legs wayyy too open.

#7 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:03 AM

Chamizo is probably my favorite wrestler to watch in the world, and a very cool guy in person....but he has an extremely ill-advised style to wrestle against Burroughs, IMO. He leaves his legs wayyy too open.

Not calling Green, Burroughs.... but watch how ineffective his double was at Worlds. I think Frank is currently just on a different level than everyone else in the world.

Edited by spladle08, 15 January 2018 - 08:04 AM.

#8 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

Didn't he just lose in the last tourney he was in? 

• cjc007 likes this

#9 TheRealOne9050

TheRealOne9050

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Didn't he just lose in the last tourney he was in? 

Yes, he didn't look as usual.

#10 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Yes, he didn't look as usual.

Meh. Helen just lost as well, need I remind you of Nick Marable? Talk to me when it matters, not when convenient

Edited by spladle08, 16 January 2018 - 03:25 PM.

• Coach_J likes this

#11 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Chamizo is a stud, but there is no basis for calling him the P4P. It's either Snyder or Sadulaev, and everyone else has a long way to go to be in the conversation.

#12 TheRealOne9050

TheRealOne9050

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Meh. Helen just lost as well, need I remind you of Nick Marable? Talk to me when it matters, not when convenient

Of course. I was just stating that he didn't look good as usual. He didn't need to. He will be ready when it matters, I'm sure.

• spladle08 likes this

#13 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:41 AM

Chamizo is a gambler, moving up and down weights, trying things, a free-wheeling style.  If he loses at small meets (even Euros), not a big deal.  For the most part, he's a gamer who brings it when it counts.

• spladle08 and TheRealOne9050 like this

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#14 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Chamizo is a stud, but there is no basis for calling him the P4P. It's either Snyder or Sadulaev, and everyone else has a long way to go to be in the conversation.

Snyder as far as dominance on the awards stand sure, but the weight is much thinner (talent wise) you can't think that Snyder's skillset would translate at lighter weights, hell I'd think Yazdani is better. Im hoping through some weight changes we get to see Yaz vs Sad, I know Sad is a Tank but as far as overall wrestling I think hes just good at being big. When I say p4p I mean from the lightest to the heaviest that individuals skillset would translate to wins regardless, seems like that would likely come from somebody in the middle.
Again I am from USA, I hope we win every weight every year and cheer for Snyder, Burroughs, hell even Gilman, at every event, dont don't take my appreciation for another countries athlete as a slight against America

*note Im not denying either Snyder's or Sads former accomplishments, they're both amazing and between streaks and gold thats awesome, but when I read everyone else has "a long way to go" I read, "they cant be considered better at any moment unless they have equal accolades" which just isnt true.

Edited by spladle08, 17 January 2018 - 01:15 AM.

#15 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

Chamizo has medaled at Worlds at 55, 65, and 70 kilos.  Not an easy feat.

• spladle08 and GranbyTroll like this

All Motown, All the Time

www.writeondetroit.com

#16 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

The thing is if these guys got bigger that flash would be gone and guys get less technical and slower and stronger. Chamizo should not be in the conversation unless he goes up and beats Burroughs. If he does that then I will put him in the conversation with Snyder. Yaz and Sad would be for #2-hope that match happens. Sad would horse him like Taylor did in my opinion.

• spladle08 likes this

#17 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

Yaz and Sad would be for #2-hope that match happens. Sad would horse him like Taylor did in my opinion.

I understand what youre saying and I think thats where we differ. I do agree the heavier you get the less overall "wrestling" gets done, like you said Stronger but much slower.... with even less attacks which I dont value as P4P better. Yes I think if you moved Chamizo into a big 200lb body he would lose, but I think the same for Snyder transitioning down or up just 1 weight class. As far as Taylor running over Yaz, it was early in the transition to a new weight, and like Mcgregor vs Diaz, bulking up seems as easy as not cutting weight, but your body takes awhile to get used to that extra muscle. I think current Yaz runs through Sad.

Edited by spladle08, 17 January 2018 - 02:00 AM.

#18 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:01 AM

And Taylor was on another level for that awesome weekend. Hope he gets a shot at worlds this year

#19 pjm46

pjm46

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

Snyder has won 3 in a row and he beat Gadisov, Gazyumov and Sad to get those Golds. And he did this while still competing in Folkstyle.

Chamizo has gone Gold, Bronze, Gold.

I don't see any argument for Chamizo over Snyder.

#20 spladle08

spladle08

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

Snyder has won 3 in a row and he beat Gadisov, Gazyumov and Sad to get those Golds. And he did this while still competing in Folkstyle.

Chamizo has gone Gold, Bronze, Gold.

I don't see any argument for Chamizo over Snyder.

Do you understand I'm saying he possess more skill, just overall wrestling talents, not just hardware, but variety of attacks/defenses? SNYDMAN IS LEGEND, he brings home gold, and im not saying Chamizo finished higher than Snyder at every event he has entered, Im simply saying he is the most overall complete wrestler currently on the scene.
Robert Horry has 7 NBA championship rings, but he's not a more complete player than Lebron.
Fire back with whatever, im checking out of this argument.

Edited by spladle08, 17 January 2018 - 03:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users