Shocking
  • jchapman, rhino184, russelscout and 1 other like this

#3 mattchristensen112

mattchristensen112

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:10 AM

Yeah I definitley double-taked on that one.

• Yellow_Medal likes this

#4 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

This reminds me of an incident that happened when I was in school. I am from a small town; about 5000. It's very a Christian town; like 9 churches or something crazy. One of the girls basketball players did the shocker on a team picture and the coach used that team picture for the team poster. It went up all over town. Because all the older folks were oblivious about what that meant. They stayed up for awhile. When word got out, it blew up and everyone freaked out and took them down and thought the girl should be punished. Best marketing the girls bball team ever did if you ask me.
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#5 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

That is actually a trident. All sundevils have one.

#6 TFBJR

TFBJR

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Not to go too far down the rabbit hole, but I remember when this was big news a few years back.  The massive number of varied slang references is shocking and a testament to the creativity of men and women alike. 

https://deadspin.com...cker-1477867255

https://www.urbandic...hp?term=shocker

• russelscout likes this

#7 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

This reminds me of an incident that happened when I was in school. I am from a small town; about 5000. It's very a Christian town; like 9 churches or something crazy. One of the girls basketball players did the shocker on a team picture and the coach used that team picture for the team poster. It went up all over town. Because all the older folks were oblivious about what that meant. They stayed up for awhile. When word got out, it blew up and everyone freaked out and took them down and thought the girl should be punished. Best marketing the girls bball team ever did if you ask me.

I was in h.s. and we had all recently learned what the shocker was and everyone was flashing it around in the halls, both guys and gals. The class president flashed the sign and said "Shocker!" loudly in our chemistry class and the teacher (incidentally a woman) asked what it meant. We all looked at each other like, "yeah right, we're gonna tell you..." when one idiot blurted it out. Well, the teacher flipped out and the class president was suspended for a week or two. It was not on the level of the glorious incident you described russelscout, but it was quite the debacle nonetheless. 

• russelscout likes this

#8 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

The urban dictionary gave me a good laugh. Good form!
  • Yellow_Medal likes this
"To use the word domination for me, we do preach that to our guys. We talk about building leads and scoring points, but when I'm talking to an audience it's almost hypacritcal in my mind. We got work to do before we get to the domination." -Tom Brands

#9 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Yellow_medal still a HUGE overreaction. It leads to this question. What must be done about tsirtis supporting 2 in the pink, 1 in the stink on trackwrestling?? Sit out a meet? Expulsion? Deportation?

#10 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Not to go too far down the rabbit hole, but I remember when this was big news a few years back.  The massive number of varied slang references is shocking and a testament to the creativity of men and women alike. 

https://deadspin.com...cker-1477867255

https://www.urbandic...hp?term=shocker

#2Bush1Cheney

lol

#11 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

Yellow_medal still a HUGE overreaction. It leads to this question. What must be done about tsirtis supporting 2 in the pink, 1 in the stink on trackwrestling?? Sit out a meet? Expulsion? Deportation?

Prison

• russelscout likes this

#12 Yellow_Medal

Yellow_Medal

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Send him back to Greece!

#13 tightwaist

tightwaist

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

2 where you should, 1 where you could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 madcat11

madcat11

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:35 AM

I don’t believe that’s a shocker.

#15 rcoates1

rcoates1

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

2 where you should, 1 where you could

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard it put this way and I laughed so hard I might have pissed a little. Good form 10/10
  • Tofurky likes this

#16 jammen

jammen

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:56 AM

I'm glad that I am too old to follow this discussion.

Your intrepid reporter

#17 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

I don’t believe that’s a shocker.

maybe not for some ladies, but others yes, it is.
  • Yellow_Medal and rcoates1 like this

#18 treep2000

treep2000

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

So... interestingly enough... I work with a woman that is an ASU grad.  During the recent College Football season, with our coworkers all milling around chatting about the various games, said female very proudly made that particular hand gesture.  

Now... in today's day and age... how do you think THAT went over... 

#19 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, it's their pitchfork gesture, haha.

There was also talk some time ago that ASU was going to redo their logo since it was designed as a Poseidon's trident instead of a devil's pitchfork, but it's ASU and details schmetails lol.

#20 russelscout

russelscout

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, it's their pitchfork gesture, haha.

Wait, so like actually?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users