Sign in to follow this  
Joe24

Rate the PSU 149 thru 184

Heads up, sure, with a two weight class advantage. At their respective weight classes, I don’t see how you put him ahead of Nolf when he already lost this year and may not even be the best guy at the weight while Nolf is neck and neck with Zain as the lb for lb best in college.

This is a P4P discussion.  Snyder is the best P4P wrestler in college, by far.

This is a P4P discussion.  Snyder is the best P4P wrestler in college, by far.

Maybe, maybe not. Zain has outscored everyone at NCAA's the past 2 years. Everyone. So if that is how you measure the best wrestler, then Zain is your best wrestler at this level. Maybe not at World's, but at NCAA's, yes. 

Edited by TBar1977

When? They've wrestled 3x and Nolf bonused him each. 

Berger beat Nolf in high school at FloNats. 1 point win. Nolf beat him easy later that year at Dapper Dan, and he's pwned him in college. That Nolf kid is a quick learner. 

Edited by TBar1977

So Taylor IS better than Dake?  LOL

It changes things when you do both, meaning score the most team points AND win every match. Maybe you missed the news, those team points have helped PSU win a bunch of national titles. 

Edited by TBar1977

OK.  I'm talking about skill

Yeah, so am I. Skill vs. the level of comp you are at. If Snyder had greater skill relative to the comp than Zain did, he'd outscore Zain in team pts or at least be very close. So far, Zain has blown his doors and everyone else's doors off in team scoring. And he has won every time. 

What Kyle does in freestyle means nothing at NCAA's. 

Yeah, so am I. Skill vs. the level of comp you are at. If Snyder had greater skill relative to the comp than Zain did, he'd outscore Zain in team pts or at least be very close. So far, Zain has blown his doors and everyone else's doors off in team scoring. And he has won every time. 

Sure it does.  It is a testament to his superior skill

Snyder hasn't transfered to PSU and the discussion isn't about NCAA p4p best. It's about pdu 149-184. I shared my opinion on the matter, what about you?

You made a cryptic comment about Kyle Snyder in the context of an assessment of Nolf and Hall. No idea what that was about, but I've already stated I think Hall at #2 is crazy in folkstyle (I get the FS argument, alas, the context here is college wrestling). I'm trying to understand why, and your answers so far have been that Hall is a winner's winner but Nolf is not and that Hall is better at hockey. If you didn't want to answer the question, you didn't have to, but I'm just curious how anyone can justify Hall over Nolf given their college resumes at the moment.

Hall has a great career going. No RS, an NCAA title, multiple age level world gold medals. For me, his career is clearly ahead of Nolf's. For many reasons, I feel demonstrating the ability to consistently win tight matches separates the best of the best. Hall has done that when it counts and so I have a high opinion of him and his future in the sport.

Given the context of the first post (taking about what just happened last dial), I thought it was obvious it wasn’t a career discussion. Sure, Hall has an NCAA 1 versus Nolf’s 2 as a freshman. That much is true. Anyway, they’re both likely Hall of Farmers after they graduate so I guess any order could be justified.

Maybe, maybe not. Zain has outscored everyone at NCAA's the past 2 years. Everyone. So if that is how you measure the best wrestler, then Zain is your best wrestler at this level. Maybe not at World's, but at NCAA's, yes.

Zain is a two time champ if he didn't duck Steiber.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Zain is a two time champ if he didn't duck Steiber.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The intent was always for him to take a redshirt, so instead of doing it in his 1st year of college he did it his 2nd - he would have missed Steiber one way or the other, which still has him on the same academic and competition schedule.

I hereby declare you the dumbest poster as far as wrestling knowledge goes on this forum. Congrats, you have competition and won going away.