silver-medal

From a Buckeye Perspective

Man let me guess are you a PSU fan lol? If you watched the match, McKenna actually controlled it from the feet. He tried to roll TWICE with an octopus and got caught both times for backs. It's not like he was taken down and majored. I look at this match with McKenna as no different than a top wrestler getting stuck going for a big move... It happens. McKenna is a U23 medalist, a second junior world medal, and this guy is always gonna be in contention for a spot on the podium, especially considering he took 3rd already once as a freshman.

Let's not put any stock in his U23 success, different style.  I thought it was interesting that he tried a chest lock freestyle move and gave up two more points towards the end of the match.  I've been watching McKenna closely to see if he's improved since being in the tOSU room and right now, not sure I see a difference.  I think he can be a AA but I also think it's going to be a lot tougher than some fans think.  

Bottom line...if you’re a tOSU fan you liking how your team looks and could see the path to champions. If you a PSU fan, same thing. Two great teams.

As a PSU fan I see our big 5 winning and I can see an upset at 141 and 197. If I’m a tOSU fan, I’m thinking we can take 174 or 184 and possibly both

Can’t wait to watch it play out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pish6969

2 out of 10. 

I don't know what that means, but here are some stats to enjoy, 2009-2017 hvy AA's

MN............. 1127778

Okie St........23368

Iowa............44557

Mizzo..........1346

PSU.............56

OH St...........3

And Iowa St has 3 AA's after they got rid of Cael's influence, 158

Man let me guess are you a PSU fan lol? If you watched the match, McKenna actually controlled it from the feet. He tried to roll TWICE with an octopus and got caught both times for backs. It's not like he was taken down and majored. I look at this match with McKenna as no different than a top wrestler getting stuck going for a big move... It happens. McKenna is a U23 medalist, a second junior world medal, and this guy is always gonna be in contention for a spot on the podium, especially considering he took 3rd already once as a freshman.

I've always found boconnell to be one of the more neutral posters on these boards...

Fair assessment agree with most of it.

From an outsider who doesn't have any skin in the game...

In my mind NATO is the guy..Too much horsepower for Lee and Suriano and of course Lizak.

PLETCHER... I LIKE THIS KID!!

His stamina and heart may be unmatched and a determining factor day 2. Guessing of 4th place.

MCKENNA - he can and probably will beat a few of top 5..

HAYES - Talented, but not sold on him at all. I wish him well next year.

I agree on your assessment the rest of the way.. I think 174 is a three way toss up depending on the healthiest one that has his s__t together on day 2.

Moore / Snyder can't seem to find any hope for anyone else..hope they stay healthy.

Excellent write up. The team race is going to be exciting

The biggest issue for tOSU is PSU has 5 guys who will almost certainly be top 3 and score a ton of bonus points.

tOSU will have top 4 guys at 125, 174, 184, 197 and 285, but with way fewer bonus points.

Hayes, Pletcher, McKenna, Micah and Campbell have to equal the score of all the bonus points from those 5 (30?) and the points from Nevills, Lee and 197.

Can’t wait

I'd really like to see Daniel Lewis vs Bo this year.  Freshman Lewis got beat 6-4 and 9-7 by sophomore Jordan.  Many think Jordan is not quite as good as he once was, while Lewis has wrecked everybody this year.  If he finishes undefeated MAC champ, will he get the 3 seed over a 3-loss Bo Jordan who doesn't win his conference? 

I don't know what that means, but here are some stats to enjoy, 2009-2017 hvy AA's

MN............. 1127778

Okie St........23368

Iowa............44557

Mizzo..........1346

PSU.............56

OH St...........3

And Iowa St has 3 AA's after they got rid of Cael's influence, 158

Kyle Snyder??

I'm not a PSU fan at all.  I am a OSU fan and it's clear that this 141 weight class is far superior to the one Heil won 2 years ago.  I definitely agree that McKenna will contend for a spot on the podium and I'd bet on him getting on there somewhere if I was forced to bet.  I only objected to him being described as a title contender. 

As for the match with Thorn I didn't realize that McKenna actually controlled the match.  I think Thorn's strategy of scoring many more points confused me and made me think Thorn was better.  

Reading comprehension can be so fantastic sometimes. I said controlled match from his feet, nothing related to overall points. But please don't let the facts ruin your attempt at sarcasm. Geesh

First you quote me saying he's not a title contender and argue that yes he is an all-american contender.  Then you get mad that I didn't read carefully enough.  Classic.  

Using just place finishes based on current rankings, Ohio State would have been favored by 25 points much of this year. They would still be favored by 15 to 20 points based on rankings. This does not include bonus. The biggest contributors to this seem to be McKenna and Campbell to OSU, and Suriano leaving PSU. Next biggest change is the emergence of Pletcher, imo. 

A lot of this comes down to which coach has their kids peaking for the three days in March.  Wrestlers rise and fall come postseason.  I love watching these matches midseason and it gives us an idea of who will be in the hunt for the title at nationals, but honestly weights like 25 and 41 will all come down to who is ready to perform that day.  Who wouldve called thorn upsetting mckenna last year? or Cruz upsetting Gilman? (actually maybe some of you did haha)