BigTenFanboy

What if Chance went to PSU?

Entering his senior year of high school Chance Marsteller was a pretty hot commedity and every D1 coach wanted him. He initially verballed with PSU which we all know he later recinded and went to Oklahoma State. It's been pretty well documented that the pressure of all the coaches trying to recruit him got to him.

After Chance backed out, PSU then announced the recruitment of Bo Nickal the number 2 ranked 170lbs wrestler in the country. I dont know if PSU was trying to get both Chance and Bo at the same time or if recruiting Bo was a reaction to Chance's decommittment. Please remember Thomas Haines initially verballed to PSU but was turned down by them due to the signing of Nick Nevils.

My question is if Chance stuck with PSU how do you all think things would have ended up? Would Bo has still be recruited by PSU or would he have gone elsewhere? Would Chance's college career been any different? Better? Worse?

Absurdities aside, he would have had his demons get the better of him, get a second opportunity, gone somewhere else, and hopefully continue to make the best of his second try.

His demons (won't say how I know of this other then he was the kid who looked old enough to buy the beer for other kids) started before he went into college. Actually a little before he started HS. 

Edited by sgallan

It would have been interesting Wrestleoffs, Would Marstellar try for 157 against Nolf? 165 against V.Joseph? or go up to 174 and try and take the spot from M. Hall?  He is doing good this year (28-1 I think), so things seem to be working out.

Edited by dougb

Cael didn't want him...

and the insinuation that PSU may have solved all his problems is nauseatingly naive.

Actually they did. And I'm not insinuating that PSU would have fixed him at all. My biggest question here actually is would Bo Nickal ended up somewhere else!

Cael didn't want him...

and the insinuation that PSU may have solved all his problems is nauseatingly naive.

And 'Chance-y' in nature. Yeah that's it.....Chancey. Indeed

Well, you all asked for it  : )

Entering his senior year of high school Chance Marsteller was a pretty hot commedity and every D1 coach wanted him. He initially verballed with PSU which we all know he later recinded and went to Oklahoma State. It's been pretty well documented that the pressure of all the coaches trying to recruit him got to him.

After Chance backed out, PSU then announced the recruitment of Bo Nickal the number 2 ranked 170lbs wrestler in the country. I dont know if PSU was trying to get both Chance and Bo at the same time or if recruiting Bo was a reaction to Chance's decommittment. Please remember Thomas Haines initially verballed to PSU but was turned down by them due to the signing of Nick Nevils.

My question is if Chance stuck with PSU how do you all think things would have ended up? Would Bo has still be recruited by PSU or would he have gone elsewhere? Would Chance's college career been any different? Better? Worse?

...Alfred Hitchcock directed "The Birds" ..... what would it be like if all birds acted like that, all the time. Would we still feed them, would we hang bird houses in our trees, what would hummingbirds eat? ......