Aviator12

NaTo vs Lee... Who ya got?

Well after today's Iowa/Okla St. dual Coach Brands was interviewed and spoke a little about Spencer and the one hour weigh in. Apparently this issue may have been what caused Spencer to gas in the latter portion of the match against Picc.

So hopefully Spencer can get a handle on this, but after NaTo's thrashing of Lizak the other night, it seems to me that it would be pretty hard to pick against NaTo.

But if Spencer can come out and get a takedown and a turn or two, he may just have enough points to weather the NaTo tornado. Call me crazy, but I do think Spencer can turn NaTo, if he gets him broken down with wrist control.

Hopefully both wrestlers come out firing on all cylinders and we get to watch an absolute barn burner.

I got NaTo with a comfortable win right now but I think Lee will tighten it up by March. Not sure if he'll surpass him by then but the kid is going to improve over the next couple of months.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well after today's Iowa/Okla St. dual Coach Brands was interviewed and spoke a little about Spencer and the one hour weigh in. Apparently this issue may have been what caused Spencer to gas in the latter portion of the match against Picc.

So hopefully Spencer can get a handle on this, but after NaTo's thrashing of Lizak the other night, it seems to me that it would be pretty hard to pick against NaTo.

But if Spencer can come out and get a takedown and a turn or two, he may just have enough points to weather the NaTo tornado. Call me crazy, but I do think Spencer can turn NaTo, if he gets him broken down with wrist control.

Hopefully both wrestlers come out firing on all cylinders and we get to watch an absolute barn burner.

When's the last time NaTo got turned?

What the heck, Iowa vs Ohio State

125- Nato dec

133- Pletcher MD

141- Mckenna MD

149- Sorenson dec

157- Kem dec

165- Mainelli dec

174- B Jordan MD

184- Downey dec, If Downey does not wrestle Myles MD

197- Moore MD (if Downey goes 197 he gets a regular decision over Moore)

285-Snyder TF

So Ohio State 24-12 If Downey Wrestles  or 28-9 If Downey does not wrestle.

Not a fan of either team, and I would not rule out a Downey loss as it is his first match of the year and he would be going against either the #2 ranked at 184 (Myles has been dominating everyone this year as has Nickal) or the #1 ranked at 197.

5th year senior against true freshman on paper at least favors Tomasello.   Lee's chances depend on whether he can turn him, which will be a tall task but not impossible.   Don't see Lee winning a pure takedown battle. 

I would have said Lee a few weeks ago.  Now I'd say Tomasello.  I don't think Lee has been in that many tough matches in his life, and the 3rd period isn't kind to him yet.  In March I bet he's ready, but right now if I'm Nato I just hold position early and plan on winning late.

I would have said Lee a few weeks ago.  Now I'd say Tomasello.  I don't think Lee has been in that many tough matches in his life, and the 3rd period isn't kind to him yet.  In March I bet he's ready, but right now if I'm Nato I just hold position early and plan on winning late.

I doubt NaTo reserves anything - doesn't appear to be in his nature.

When's the last time NaTo got turned?

Answering my own question after a quick check on wrestlestat.com, I think it's when Gilman pinned him at NCAAs 2016. 

I can't argue with anyone saying that it will take a turn to beat NaTo, but I have to think that turning NaTo is incredibly unlikely.