I guess it turned out ok for Lee and what do you think about the way that Lee widened the gap on NATO and Picc?  Lee had NATO down, by a major had NATO gotten off his back and he had Picc down 15-1 when he pinned him after only beating him 10-5 earlier in the season when he was still coming back and getting his conditioning back and leg to 100%.  So, now, you look like a genius citing Lee winning against NATO the first time, especially, since his 3 world titles were against children and now he was wrestling men...  I guess he did just fine against the men as well.  What a showing at nationals, the brace came off and he showed why he is a 3X World Champ and one of the nations future stars.  

I wouldn't say genius, no.   I had inside info.   I knew what the tactic would be.    I was told in advance how it would be approached.   And given that information, I deduced it would be enough to win.   I had an advantage over everyone else here who was not told about the details taking place in preparation.     Hulk is VERY good with his wrestling break downs and he and I went over "counter vs counter" as I wrote in my comment back then.    My counters, (representing Nato) were defeated by Hulk's, thus my conclusion was victory for Lee.       I did have Lee vs Suriano in the NCAA final, so yes I tend do do well picking them, but genius is far too strong a term.     Big stones may be more appropriate for having made the thread and calling it out while hardly ANYONE else had Lee.    You have to recall, at the time his best wins were against children.   He had lost to a non AA just recently prior and he placed 6th at Midlands.     I blame no one for avoiding picking Lee like the plague vs the 5th year senior from Ohio State.    I do appreciate the kind words and praise for my prognostication prowess.    Thank you.  

Love this thread.

Cletus, you da man for starting this one at exactly the right time.

Thank you!   

You know, on a board where we get so many wannabe's and "experts", even guys who year after year try and pick the team that will take the champ down with all sorts of justifications and best case scenarios, for what, for some internet site glory?   I get tired of the BS and usually look forward to the failure and predictable egg on face.   I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to post them.  I have my views, yes some times they're feather rufflers, but at the end of the day when you're sitting down and taking in my contributions, I believe the average reader here must (sometimes begrudgingly) say:

Dammit, that ol" Cletus does have a point!   

Look, I'm an old dude.   I'm rounding the old farm for one of the final times now.   It wont be long before one of the Mexican's mounts that old backhoe  we have named Betty Lou and he uncovers a plot of earth where they'll lower me in and celebrate the good I did here.    It's coming sooner than later.      Before that day arrives, I like coming here and stirring it up at time, but mostly enjoying myself with the friends I've made here and those who appreciate my posts.    There's some good guys here.       Many who support that Penn State train.    I just want to see Cael set that record for team titles. I doubt I'll be here another 2 or 3 years, but if through the grace of the old man upstairs he allows me another 10 years, I'm certain I'll pay witness to the new standard.       

A big thanks to all of those who treat me real well on these boards 

I saw this morning Flo has Lee ranked #1 at 125.    A well deserved ranking.   I'm hoping to see a healthy Suriano vs Lee and of course the Fix boy.  Can Lee snap his losing streak against Fix?   Fix beat Bresser who in turn went out and beat Lee, holding him to a single point.    I want to see these 3 guys, heck throw Bresser in there too, these 4 guys battling out the coming season.     

bresser is insanely boring, he isn't battling out anything.

I don't get to see the young man compete much, perhaps I need one of those PAC12 subscriptions in order to see him more.    The blue hair has won me over and he had the bar I was watching Midlands at screaming their heads off as he sent Lee to the showers, (we thought it was only the loser's bracket at the time).    I found him to be entertaining in that bout.    Admittedly my views on his competitions are limited.   I attended nationals and don't recall seeing any of his bouts.