nom

Burroughs challenges Chamizo

Well, up a weight for Burroughs is a brand new weight.  No one to challenge.  And he's already dealt with Dake, who I feel is the likely champ at 79 ...... well, I really don't know who the competition is but Dake is looking great.

Sounds like it could be a good one if it happens.  But, truth be told, it is bolder to challenge a guy up in weight rather than below.  

Uh . . . challenging a guy in a lower weight is not a good optic. If this is prelude-hype for a big payday for these guys, Frank should have challenged Burroughs. I'm puzzled.

Uh . . . challenging a guy in a lower weight is not a good optic. If this is prelude-hype for a big payday for these guys, Frank should have challenged Burroughs. I'm puzzled.

Meh maybe it would’ve been better, but it isn’t bad optics.

Chamizo is going up anyways and has a dynamic style. Burroughs seems somewhat vulnerable but still always wins

This is a compelling match.

Maybe they should do USA vs the world and put our A team in there

Gilman vs Olympic gold or the Japanese guy that beat him

Dake vs Geduev

Burroughs vs Chamizo

Cox or Taylor vs Iran

Also maybe matches like Gable Stevenson vs some Russian hvwt up and comer hammer

Fix vs a Russian top 3 guy

Etc

I think if promoted correctly it could bring s ton of exposure to the sport in the US

I’ll host a party at my house with 20+ people, most of whom are not wrestling fans. That should get us started.

Sounds like it could be a good one if it happens.  But, truth be told, it is bolder to challenge a guy up in weight rather than below.  

Yep. There is only a few specific situations where it is okay to challenge the guy below you, and this isn't one of those situations. When you are more accomplished, the favorite in most people's minds in a hypothetical p4p match-up, and are the only sure-fire first ballot HOFer in the match, it's not very bold to challenge the smaller man. That's why the general, unwritten rule is to challenge the champion in the higher weight class. Challenging Yazdanicharati would have been significantly more bold than challenging Chamizo. Yazdanicharati won the title the last time the two were in the same weight. 

Have JB and Chamizo trained together? I figured the challenge was issued because were friends, or at least friendly... but I guess Chamizo was doing an IG Live and Burroughs hopped on and asked when they were gonna wrestle - lol.

Chamizo is kind of an interesting ambassador for the sport. He travels the world to train, hangs out with celebs, makes media appearances, goes out and competes and lives kind of an "Instagram lifestyle". I get that the flashiness and self-branding turns some people off, but he does an amazing job showing the world - and esp younger fans - that it's cool to be a senior level world wrestler.