silver-medal

Ohio State v Iowa

Most of the people who don't like Johnson are reading pro Iowa bias into everything he says, entirely because of his years announcing for IPTV in Iowas glory days. If BTFB isn't getting that vibe now, it aint there.

Cool story bro.

I like Tim Johnson. Good wrestling announcer. Best in the biz.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I like Tim Johnson. Good wrestling announcer. Best in the biz.

I like Tim too.  Can't stand the Flo announcers, they try to be too cutesy and over the top.  90% of the time I watch Flo broadcasts with the volume off.

Johnson’s alright not great not bad imo (everyone has their own taste). Hammerlock was spot on with the Iowa stuff. I like the main flo guys commentary but i wish Martin would come back and do commentating. His stuff was great always into the matches to the point i had to laugh. The 09 Hofstra vs Ohio State dual is hands down one of the best commentary jobs I’ve ever heard

Bigmik how did that work for former Hodge front runner Jake Herbert? Why was a 1 to 1 3rd period so hard for him to set up?

Did you watch the match? The easy answer is that he wasn't trying to. Keep in mind that Herbert literally took a deep shot one second into the match. Herbert was aggressive and made to pay for sloppy technique. Trying to go 1 to 1 into the 3rd against Snyder and Cael is a very different thing than it is against Askren, due to their world class offensive technique on their feet.

Edited by bigmik

I think he was a takedown machine actually. I'm most impressed by the first part of your post. Lee is basically small, physically still maturing and out of shape and he rode Nato like a show mule and Nato was unable to finish three clean shots. And most importantly Lee didn't do anything that wasn't in his playbook so far as his top game so good luck scouting him.

Lee can hang with anyone in neutral, but in folk style he has been a take em down and maul them into submission type of wrestler...never a TD machine. He won in HS by pinning or winning 15-0 or 16-1, not 25-10. When he bumped up to 126 last year, he "struggled" some against top level guys like Joey Silva and Jack Davis, before he was injured.

He will never be Jason Nolf in neutral, but he doesn't need to be.

Lee can hang with anyone in neutral, but in folk style he has been a take em down and maul them into submission type of wrestler...never a TD machine. He won in HS by pinning or winning 15-0 or 16-1, not 25-10. When he bumped up to 126 last year, he "struggled" some against top level guys like Joey Silva and Jack Davis, before he was injured.

He will never be Jason Nolf in neutral, but he doesn't need to be.

Good post. Doesn't matter what style you win with, just that you win. 

Edited by TBar1977