Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Spencer Lee!

I was most surprised by the strength exhibited on that ride. Horsing Tomasello down like that on the mat returns and sucking him back was completely unexpected. He has a lot of work to do to get in proper 7-minute shape so he can wrestle more freely like he normally does. But DAYAM. Shocker win. Can't wait to see what he's going to look like in two months.

Excellent job by Lee, I did think that he should've been a little more aggressive on his feet. Huge ride out though.

I think he was too winded to try. The game plan of pacing himself and winning in his best position worked, and now it's back to the lab for the next one since Nato isn't going to choose down again and will have two extra minutes to get that elusive second takedown.

Good win by Lee. Tough ride. Showed Tomasello a little too much respect on their feet. In light of what we saw today, an early takedown for Lee in the first period (which I think he's very capable of) and that may be all she wrote for Tomasello . 

The thing is Nato was looking as good as he's ever looked ... no holes in his game. He came out and I quickly began to think Lee is in big trouble. But Lee's ability to get to the 2 on 1 and slow things down was impressive and his ability to defend Nato's shots - albeit he gave up his legs quite a big - was impressive. And the riding ... Nato looked like a JV scrub at times underneath and he ain't no scrub.

The thing is Nato was looking as good as he's ever looked ... no holes in his game. He came out and I quickly began to think Lee is in big trouble. But Lee's ability to get to the 2 on 1 and slow things down was impressive and his ability to defend Nato's shots - albeit he gave up his legs quite a big - was impressive. And the riding ... Nato looked like a JV scrub at times underneath and he ain't no scrub.

I'm waiting for someone to say it was the cut and one hour weigh in that got Nato

looks about right.  could make an argument on Lee @ 2 if you "count" the all star

I thought about that for a second but Piccinini is a better loss than Bresser and it is the All-Star after all. Rankings do count the All-Star but they also count resume and Cruz is the returning champ. Seeding criteria count neither, so I see Cruz ahead of Lee in both rankings and if you apply seeding criteria (which is irrelevant until after conference tourneys, I suppose).

Are basically all the tough matches for Suriano, Lee and Nato before big tens? If so then it hardly matters b/c Suriano gets #1 and then Lee and Nato meet in the semifinals of Big Tens, no?

yeah it’ll be settled there. Suriano lizak and nato Lee