Sign in to follow this  
WildTurkey44

Spencer Lee!

Are basically all the tough matches for Suriano, Lee and Nato before big tens? If so then it hardly matters b/c Suriano gets #1 and then Lee and Nato meet in the semifinals of Big Tens, no?

Don't forget the Lizard. He will face Lee and Suriano in the respective dual against Iowa and Rutgers before B1G. I think it's unlikely he'll beat either, but you never know with a guy who is almost always just one big move away.

Don't forget the Lizard. He will face Lee and Suriano in the respective dual against Iowa and Rutgers before B1G. I think it's unlikely he'll beat either, but you never know with a guy who is almost always just one big move away.

True, true. The way that Nato pummeled him I just kind of counted him out.

Color me skeptical but it's hard for me to get excited when you win without getting a single takedown or turn. A good win to be sure, but my take on lee is that hes not as good as i originally gave him credit for.

You are severely underestimating how good Nato is. ANY victory over Nato is incredibly impressive for an 18-year old, I don't care who it is.

I would disagree on underestimating nato, I'm just less than impressed with Lee's ability to take down some of the elite guys he's faced. Zero takedowns between NATO and bresser is a glaring problem offset only by how amazing he is on top. That may seriously cost lee come ncaas and big 10s.

I would disagree on underestimating nato, I'm just less than impressed with Lee's ability to take down some of the elite guys he's faced. Zero takedowns between NATO and bresser is a glaring problem offset only by how amazing he is on top. That may seriously cost lee come ncaas and big 10s.

I just don't see it that way. Lee's best position has always been top. Nato's has always been neutral. He's a national champ who has lost a grand total of two matches at two weight classes in three years of wrestling at the NCAA tournament. He was very close to Gilman as recently as this summer, when Gilman proved he was world-class takedown ability. You can't expect any 18-year old to outgun a guy like that from the feet. How many guys have taken Nato down in college total? In the last year, was Cory Clark the only one?

I wouldn't begrudge you for being disappointed in Lee not taking Bresser down. But Bresser kept even TD machine Daton Fix (who took Nato down several times very recently in freestyle) to one last-second TD. He's clearly very shifty and hard to score on. Still, it's more than fair to expect Lee to be able to take Bresser down. Nato is a different beast, though.

I just don't see it that way. Lee's best position has always been top. Nato's has always been neutral. He's a national champ who has lost a grand total of two matches at two weight classes in three years of wrestling at the NCAA tournament. He was very close to Gilman as recently as this summer, when Gilman proved he was world-class takedown ability. You can't expect any 18-year old to outgun a guy like that from the feet. How many guys have taken Nato down in college total? In the last year, was Cory Clark the only one?

I wouldn't begrudge you for being disappointed in Lee not taking Bresser down. But Bresser kept even TD machine Daton Fix (who took Nato down several times very recently in freestyle) to one last-second TD. He's clearly very shifty and hard to score on. Still, it's more than fair to expect Lee to be able to take Bresser down. Nato is a different beast, though.

Nicely put

don't mid perry nerd, he's grasping at any straw he possibly can to discredit the young Hawk stud

Fix didn’t take Bresser down either. He won 2-1 with 1:05 of riding time.

yeah it’ll be settled there. Suriano lizak and nato Lee

Lizak lost to Mattin today. Mattin has two losses to Welch of Purdue. Could Lizak end up the 6th seed? He'll see Lee and Suriano in the next few weeks...

I still like Cruz or NATO over the field. I know Suriano got him (Cruz) last year and Lee just fought off takedown attempts vs NATO, but as far as predicted NCAA finish, not just "current records" I'll go

NATO

CRUZ

SURIANO

LEE

PICC/LIzak

Who knows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Remember JO's nickname his redshirt freshman season? Stalliver.

He was a takedown machine later on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I still like Cruz or NATO over the field. I know Suriano got him (Cruz) last year and Lee just fought off takedown attempts vs NATO, but as far as predicted NCAA finish, not just "current records" I'll go

NATO

CRUZ

SURIANO

LEE

PICC/LIzak

Who knows

I refuse to predict this weight.

I refuse to predict this weight.

HAHAHA I dont blame you.

Whoever guesses the finalists right is going to go crazy saying "I knew it, I told you so" , but toooooo much talent, razor thin margins, its just whoever wins that day.

4 or 5 way coinflip.

Edited by spladle08

HAHAHA I dont blame you.

Whoever guesses the finalists right is going to go crazy saying "I knew it, I told you so" , but toooooo much talent, razor thin margins, its just whoever wins that day.

4 or 5 way coinflip.

The thing that excites me is Lee's potential to improve from now till March merely by getting in better shape and gaining confidence in his knee. No other wrestler has so much scope for improvement.