Sign in to follow this  
klaw

Tom Ryan

Has to be the most overrated coach in college today. Has anyone ever improved under him? The only kids that perform well are those that are expected to. Recruit Ohio and you should be top 5 every year. Time for a shake up. Nobody on this team has improve since last year. This includes Logan. Will be evident when he wrestles Ramos

Being a Mizzou fan I thoroughly enjoyed the dual last night. I'd like to think the Tigers are damn good and had something to do with the results last night. By the way didn't Ohio State win the Las Vegas Invitational this year and have two true freshman all-americans last year? I'm sure the coaching staff had nothing to do with that. Logan Stieber has scored bonus points in every match this year until his rematch with a very good Nate McCormick only got a 8-2 win. Logan beat a defending national champ last year to win the NCAAs as a freshman and places third in the Olympic trials. I'm sure the coaching staff had nothing to do with that. The season is far from over so I wouldn't count the Buckeyes dead just yet!

I watched what he did at Hofstra now Ohio State- the guy is the real deal.....

Has to be the most overrated coach in college today. Has anyone ever improved under him? The only kids that perform well are those that are expected to. Recruit Ohio and you should be top 5 every year. Time for a shake up. Nobody on this team has improve since last year. This includes Logan. Will be evident when he wrestles Ramos

Tom Ryan is an excellent coach. Ohio State is a better team now than when he arrived. Th bigger issue is what a great coach Brian Smith is. The staff he puts together gets the most out of his wrestlers. The Tigers are mostly instate kids and with the exception of Dom, were not top end blue chippers. Kudos to the MU wrestlers and coaches.

At every head coach hiring, the Ohio State seem to improve. Winning Big Ten and NCAAs are very difficult especially with Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota, and Oklahoma State crowding in top 5 every year.

We can only wait and hope that the Ohio State would miraculously improve enough to be top 1.

Ryan gets great talent and the Buckeyes have made some nice runs at NCAAs in recent years. I remember being excited to follow the careers of Collin Palmer and Tony Jameson. Of course Ryan had no control over injuries and maybe the two I've mentioned are good reasons why his teams proceed with extreme caution these days. I really thought Jameson was a Dylan Ness type with more athleticism in the funk department.

I agree that Brian Smith does a great job and I still scratch my head when I think of the Mizzou results at last year's NCAA tournament.

The Bucks got beat last night by a highly motivated and fundamentally sound Mizzou squad. Kudos to them. Brian Smith is a stellar coach. He and Borelli do more with less than any other coaches in D1.

It's a discouraging loss for Ohio State but virtually every team in D1 has at least one dual a year where they just don't wrestle well. I'd argue the Bucks have had two--Mizzou and Minny. My advice would be not to schedule schools with names that start in M.

Ryan was hired to make the Bucks a top program and has gotten them into the conversation if one goes by NCAA performances. But since arriving at Ohio State, he has not been the type of coach who seems to get the best out of all his kids. There has been some inconsistency in that regard.

The 2014 and 2015 versions of Ohio State Wrestling should be the most experienced, talented groups in the history of their program. The pressure will be on to break through and win at least once while Logan and Hunter are juniors and seniors.

Who else in on the staff at tOSU? They've taken a big step forward under Ryan, but maybe they need a different mix to take the next step?

Lou Rosselli is the associate head coach

J Jaggers and Ross Thatcher are assistants.

Picazo is strength and conditioning

They've had some turnover in the last few years with Joe Heskett taking the head job at Army and Sponseller heading to Edinboro.

I'm not sure how much if any time the team interacts with the guys training at the Regional OTC, Humphrey, Bunch, Dlagnev, Bergman, Rowlands, etc.