Sign in to follow this  
treep2000

Way too early NCAA Champ Picks Thread (Jan. 24th Edition)

Just as the thread title sounds, here goes, and my rationale.  

125:  NaTo.  

Regardless of the Lee win (which I feel is kinda like Zain/Logie Bear), I just don't think NaTo will be denied.  He'll finish 1, 3, 3, 1, and history will smile upon him.

133:  Gross.

No one at 133 is close enough to Gross at this point, and I think he walks through the Tourney without much issue.

141:  Yianni.

I literally threw a make believe mental dart at a make believe mental dartboard on this one.  There are easily 8-10 guys that could win this thing.  The parity is incredible.  I think the "legend that will be Yianni" is officially born in March, and he pulls the "miracle".  

149:  Zain.

Nothing really to say here.  Sorenson "may" keep it close.  "May".  I doubt it.  

157:  Nolf.

Similar sentiment.  Sure, he's had "one close match".  Everyone has "one close match".  Come tourney time, it ain't gonna be close.  

165:  IMART.

I have IMART and Cenzo as the top 2.  Massa is either really hurt, and has a really bad case of the HEW.  Calling IMART in a nailbiter, getting his revenge. 

174:  Hall.

I know I know...  Hall already has the all-star loss on his record vs. Zahid.  I know I know... Hall isn't "dominating" with brutal force like Zahid is.  I know I know.  Here's the thing... Hall knows how to win when it counts.  It's been proven over and over and over and over and...  well... you get the gist.  I think Hall brings home the W once again, and Zahid decides to go 184 next year as a result.  

184:  Martin.

Martin is looking absolutely incredible.  Nickal is looking absolutely incredible.  Even if Nickal wins Big 10's, I still think Martin has the moxy and juice to pull yet another "upset" by knocking off Nickal in the finals.  

197:  Moore. 

Perceived to be a "weak weight", but... 8 AA's will still come out of it... ANYWAY... I don't see anyone truly challenging Moore here.  He's already gotten convincing wins over two of the four other Top 5 guys this year, and... well... my gut tells me that he's going to be getting much better after Yarygin (his training partner is back full time).

HWT:  Snyder.

I'm not justifying this... ha!

125 I will take the field against Lee and NaTo. I have a feeling neither makes the finals. Cruz vs a non seed that has a great week.

133. Gross

141. Meredith finds a way

149 and 157 Ditto

165 Cenzo does it again after losing the B1G

174 Zahid in a nailbiter

184 Nickal

197 get back to you on this

Hwt Coon in a crazy upset because Snyder gets hurt in an early round

125 I will take the field against Lee and NaTo. I have a feeling neither makes the finals. Cruz vs a non seed that has a great week.

133. Gross

141. Meredith finds a way

149 and 157 Ditto

165 Cenzo does it again after losing the B1G

174 Zahid in a nailbiter

184 Nickal

197 get back to you on this

Hwt Coon in a crazy upset because Snyder gets hurt in an early round

Nice.  Especially the Snyder/Coon one.  That would be horrible if either were hurt.  

125 - Cruz with the repeat to wrap up undefeated season

133 - Gross

141 - Yianni

149 - ZR

157 - Nolf

165 - IMar 

174 - Zahid

184 - MyMar beats BoN for 3rd time in season - stays undefeated

197 - Moore

Hvywt - Snyder

125 - Lee

133 - Gross

141 - I'm going darkhorse here. Eiermann

149 - Zain

157 - Nolf

165 - Cenzo...if you asked me right after the match last March if I thought Cenzo would repeat his performance this season, I would have said no but the way he's been wrestling, I'm confident in him. 

174 - Zahid

184 - Bo

197 - Something crazy that no one expects

HWT - Snyder

125 - NATO over Cruz (Suriano over Lee for 3rd). What a weight this has become, can't wait to see how it plays out!

133 - Gross over whoever (dominantly)

141 - Eirmann over Meredith. He picks neutral instead of down this time and walks away with a W.

149 - Zain. Duh.

157 - Nolf. See above.

165 - Cenzo over iMar in a fun battle.

174 - BoJo over Valencia because I like BoJo. Hall gets the 4 seed after losing to BoJo in the dual and at B1G and takes 3rd over Daniel Lewis.

184 - Martin over Nickal. I just have a feeling here - these are very clearly the top two guys here.

197 - Moore

285 - Snyder

Team: tOSU

125 Lee

I think he gets better every match and gets to natos legs at the ncaa, with a tight win on riding time against suriano.

133 Gross

141 Meredith

I just feel like it is his turn. Eeks one out against yiani.

149 Zain

157 Nolf

165 Imar

As good as cenzo looks, I think imar wins a really controlled match.

174 Zahid

The offense will pay off this time.

184 Martin

He looks so solid a and has beaten Bo before. This version of Myles wins it again.

197 Moore

I think he wins convincingly and brings it together at NCAA.

285 Snyder

Team tOSU

They didnt look great against Iowa, but will peak late by getting 9 AAs(Campbell being the exception). I also think PSUs Lee fails to AA in a tough 141 lb bracket

125 : Suriano over NaTo

133 : Gross over DeSanto

141 : Jack over Yanni

149 : Zain over Sorenson

157 : Nolf over Pantaleo

165 : Marsteller over Imart

174 : Valencia over Hall

184 : Nickal over Renda

197 : Wiegel over Rasheed

285 : Snyder over Coon

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

125-Suriano over Lee

133-Gross Over Brock

141-Heil over Yianni

149-Retherford over Sorenson

157-Nolf over Kemmerer

165-Cenzo over Martinez

174 Z. Valencia over D. Lewis

184-Downey over Myles

197-Wiegel over Moore

285-Snyder over Coon

Team 

Penn St

Edited by dougb

Is Ashnault of Rutgers going to wrestle this year?  He has already used his Red Shirt, so if he does not Wrestle by Conference his college wrestling is over, if he does wrestle he is another contender in the wide open 141 pound division.