Sign in to follow this  
nom

Anyone have the actual story on PDIII?

Real classy post. Richie Lewis represented team USA and brought home a university world gold, while Downey represented us and brought home junior silver. Maybe start rooting for our athletes instead of just the ones who go to your favorite University.

Richie Lewis's twitter is quite similar to Downey's. He basically challenged Bo Nickal to a fight 2 days ago. 

What is a Lavar Ball

Former D-level NBA back up. Loud-mouth father of 1 very talented son, 1 marginally talented son, and 1 less than talented son. All play basketball. Son #2 got kicked out of UCLA for the China theft fiasco. Father uprooted sons #2 and #3 and shipped them off to Lithuania to play professionally there (son #3 is still in HS btw) because "he could get them better prepared for the NBA than UCLA could." Also owns a failing basketball-themed clothing company. Basically just an ******* who is using his sons as a medium to stay in the public eye and promote himself/his brand. 

Richie Lewis's twitter is quite similar to Downey's. He basically challenged Bo Nickal to a fight 2 days ago. [/quot

Stop. Are you seriously taking one tweet and jumping to that conclusion? Do you have any idea if Nickal has commented anything to RU guys previously?

The PSU fans have been ridiculous since Sunday. Soft.

Quentin Wright, Robert Hamlin, Gabe Dean, all in freestyle.

Hamlin was not a national champion in college, but besides that, what have any of those guys done of note at the Sr. Freestyle level? I had high hopes for Q. Wright, but he really didn't do much after college. Dean took 7th at the U.S. Open where he faced Downey (who took 5th) also placing behind guys like Richard Perry, Nick Heflin and Kyle Crutchmer, all of whom had much lesser college careers. Seems to me that PDIII is implementing the Pico fan strategy of trying to turn individual freestyle results into NCAA championships. Freestyle isn't folkstyle no matter how bad some people want it to be. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Richie Lewis's twitter is quite similar to Downey's. He basically challenged Bo Nickal to a fight 2 days ago.

And Taylor tweeted some not too classy stuff at Cox. I don't care about either case. These guys are competitors-If they want to talk **** about each other, so be it. They put it on the line on the mat.

Edited by Billyhoyle

Former D-level NBA back up. Loud-mouth father of 1 very talented son, 1 marginally talented son, and 1 less than talented son. All play basketball. Son #2 got kicked out of UCLA for the China theft fiasco. Father uprooted sons #2 and #3 and shipped them off to Lithuania to play professionally there (son #3 is still in HS btw) because "he could get them better prepared for the NBA than UCLA could." Also owns a failing basketball-themed clothing company. Basically just an ******* who is using his sons as a medium to stay in the public eye and promote himself/his brand. 

Maybe child welfare and those who regulate child work hours/conditions can get involved. A HS kid going to Lithuania to play professional Basketball? The parents must be mentally ill.

Hamlin was not a national champion in college, but besides that, what have any of those guys done of note at the Sr. Freestyle level? I had high hopes for Q. Wright, but he really didn't do much after college. Dean took 7th at the U.S. Open where he faced Downey (who took 5th) also placing behind guys like Richard Perry, Nick Heflin and Kyle Crutchmer, all of whom had much lesser college careers. Seems to me that PDIII is implementing the Pico fan strategy of trying to turn individual freestyle results into NCAA championships. Freestyle isn't folkstyle no matter how bad some people want it to be.

He posted on Twitter that he has beaten 6 champs and/or finalists. Not saying I agree or sticking up for him and don’t want to argue about freestyle vs folkstyle but those were 3 finalists or champs that I could name off the top of my head that he’s beaten in freestyle. I’m just answering the question that was asked.

Maybe child welfare and those who regulate child work hours/conditions can get involved. A HS kid going to Lithuania to play professional Basketball? The parents must be mentally ill.

Not that I'm advocating any of it but they do it in other sports. Tennis and soccer come to mind.

He posted on Twitter that he has beaten 6 champs and/or finalists. Not saying I agree or sticking up for him and don’t want to argue about freestyle vs folkstyle but those were 3 finalists or champs that I could name off the top of my head that he’s beaten in freestyle. I’m just answering the question that was asked.

I understand, quoted your post because you put some names out there, wasn't directed at you. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger