Sign in to follow this  
OtisCampbell

Minn vs Iowa

I didn't get the Dardanes pin at all. Was he pinned? If so, somebody is going to have to give him a come to Jesus talk.

If you reach down the front of your shorts and it's all fuzz with no ornaments then go ahead and quit fighting, otherwise, this was a pretty big dual.

He just got pinned with a tight waist. It was weird. Dardanes just had a brain fart. He was still getting whipped at that point, but the pin was just silliness on Dardanes part.

Minnesota outwrestled Iowa, they deserved to win. Nelson is still a staller on top, and it's frustrating. OUtside of that match, hard to find fault with any of the Minny guys except for C. Dardanes, Yohn, and Nelson, although I guess Minny fans might get frustrated with Steinhaus not pouring it on again. THeir other guys, even if they lost, were fighting and tough and going hard. Iowa fans are probably most disappointed in Ballweg and his dreadful performance and Gambrall.

Overall, a very exciting and fun dual with the team that deserved to win coming out on top.

After a nice start to his season, Ballweg seems to be struggling a bit heading into B1G tourney time.

Who is Iowa looking to send out at 149 come tourney time? Kelly or Grothus?

Does it matter? I think at this point, Brands is thinking along the lines of Tampa Bay Coach John McKay. When McKay was asked about his teams execution, he replied "I'm all for it"!

I think that sums it up for Brands and his 149 lbers, and you can throw in an Ethen Lofthouse and a Grant Gambrall for dessert.