NJwrestlingguy

Penn State @ Rutgers..2pm..BTN

Ok, saw it on BTN replay. Didn’t seem too bad and then Nolf leaned in. And the PD call I think. Untangled and it was after untangle that it became clear something was wrong.

Rutgers was wisely keeping the ankle. From what posters are writing they make it sound like he grabbed toes and torqued. He did not. I can’t see blaming Rutgers based on what I saw.

In wrestling you have to have trust and respect between opponents. There are times in every match where you could injure your opponent but you don't do it. I've seen Nolf in that spot countless times and he's always been fine. There is no way anybody would voluntarily tear their knee up, you'd need some help.

A wrestler doesn't necessarily know when something they do is going to cause an injury. Just because Nolf leaned into the scramble doesn't mean he purposefully meant to hurt his knee. More like he felt like he could do it because he's done it before and something just gave out.

Whatever.  He did it on purpose, Rutgers seems to have gotten orders for this dual and they're carrying them out.  Nolf has been in that position tons of times but Van Brill knew he was outclassed so he wrenched his knee.  PSU may be dominant but they aren't dirty.

Nolf was mushing some kids balls just the other day. Let's not pretend like Penn State kids are 100% clean wrestlers here.

Terribly mixed day for Penn State wrestling.  Two all-time greats have different fortunes.  David Taylor dominates and wins Yarygin in Russia.  Jason Nolf goes down with a horrible injury.  Ach!