denger

PSU v tOSU

Well what a great dual, great atmosphere, in a absolutely packed arena. Great for wrestling, and great for the Penn St. program. Every match was exciting and hotly contested, except for maybe 157 where Penn St., had to put Bo Pipher, a replacement for Jason Nolf.

I have to say though, that I was kind of shocked by Kollin Moore, and then again by Kyle. Both of them seemed flat. In Kollin's case I just don't know, he was not the offensive juggernaut that we are used to seeing. Maybe he was tired, maybe the flu, or maybe it was Cassar.

With Kyle, I really think that he is still feeling the effects of leaving Iowa, flying halfway around the world, competing in a very tough tourney, and then flying back home. I know he is known for his phenomenal recovery for these things, but it sure looked like he was having a tougher than usual time with Nevills, and even though Nevills was highly motivated, I have to believe the recent trip to Siberia has taken a toll on him.

Well what a great dual, great atmosphere, in a absolutely packed arena. Great for wrestling, and great for the Penn St. program. Every match was exciting and hotly contested, except for maybe 157 where Penn St., had to put Bo Pipher, a replacement for Jason Nolf.

I have to say though, that I was kind of shocked by Kollin Moore, and then again by Kyle. Both of them seemed flat. In Kollin's case I just don't know, he was not the offensive juggernaut that we are used to seeing. Maybe he was tired, maybe the flu, or maybe it was Cassar.

With Kyle, I really think that he is still feeling the effects of leaving Iowa, flying halfway around the world, competing in a very tough tourney, and then flying back home. I know he is known for his phenomenal recovery for these things, but it sure looked like he was having a tougher than usual time with Nevills, and even though Nevills was highly motivated, I have to believe the recent trip to Siberia has taken a toll on him.

I just rewatched the dual and hindsight is always 20/20, but Synder was up by 6 with 30 seconds to go. A quick turn would have earned him the major and TOSU the win.. why he didn't go for the turn I don't know. Getting 2 takedowns with that little time was a tall task even for Snyder..

WTF —- no Rasheed?

Should be Rasheed out there..

It's amazing how people with no knowledge of the team other than being a fan can assume that they know more than Cael Sanderson. It could be half a dozen reasons why he's not out there. I think Sanderson has proven he knows how to coach and I don't even like PSU.

It's amazing how people with no knowledge of the team other than being a fan can assume that they know more than Cael Sanderson. It could be half a dozen reasons why he's not out there. I think Sanderson has proven he knows how to coach and I don't even like PSU.

Which is why I'm a big ten fanboy and Cael is one of the greatest wrestlers/coaches in the history of the universe.

You mad? Face it, your team choked it away. Moore didn’t show up and get beat, Bo Jordan got out worked in the final period, Myles got completely out wrestled (wasn’t close), and your Olympic champ gassed and couldn’t score enough takedowns. Everyone (myself included) thought the match was over after 141, but one team showed up in the 2nd half of the dual and the other didn’t. Best of luck the rest of the way.

OUR Olympic Champ

Fans are entitled to an opinion, even when it turns out they are wrong.  I also thought he should have sent out Rasheed, but I was wrong.  

Fans are entitled to an opinion, even when it turns out they are wrong.  I also thought he should have sent out Rasheed, but I was wrong.

It's like me trying to explain to Stephen Hawking where he's messing up his math calculations. It's ludicrous.

I just rewatched the dual and hindsight is always 20/20, but Synder was up by 6 with 30 seconds to go. A quick turn would have earned him the major and TOSU the win.. why he didn't go for the turn I don't know. Getting 2 takedowns with that little time was a tall task even for Snyder..

Snyder rarely turns people, He racks up points via catch and release. Occasionally he'll catch a fish and pin him but that's about the limit of his top game. He admits he doesn't really work on his mat skills

One of Nevills takedowns was literally falling on top of Snyder to be fair lol I'd give him credit for the first td though. Other than that he mostly stalled.

I actually thought as far as heavyweight matches go this was an action packed match. I thought Nevils presented himself and fought well against the best in the world.

Penn State certainly proved me wrong. I figured after Lee lost, this thing was over. As impressive as Nevills was in a loss , I still am most blown away by Nickal and Cassar. I just didn't see either of those two winning, even though Nickal is the returning champ. He hasn't looked in top form recently. Carl and crew are incredible at getting their guys to perform when it matters most.

What a match!