gowrestle

RUTGERS PUNKS

I think Cael avoided putting Shakur on the mat to limit the amount of tape on Rasheed's cradle technique.  

I'm sure Cael didn't want let the big secret out by adding one more clip to the dozens of Rasheed cradle clips online already, but the real reason Cael started Cassar is probably because Cassar is a NJ native and had friends and/or family in attendance. You could see Cassar waving to them after getting his hand raised.

If you don't think a close loss to someone that is supposed to blow you out builds major confidence, you don't know College Wrestling.  Now, I am not saying that Lewis or Gravina will end up beating either Joseph or Nickal, but they definitely believe they can even more so after those losses.

Simply put, lose 17-2, you can't just shrug it off(except maybe Caldwell via Metcalf).  Lose 6-5, your mental state is WAAAAAAY different.

That was the consensus last season after Sorenson's close loss to Retherford in the dual at at Carver-Hawkeye.

Lewis and Gravina are tough, good wrestlers - but they aren't beating Joseph or Nickal at B1Gs and/or NCAAs.

My PSU transcripts have nothing about boot locker - or boot licker, which is probably what you were going for?

And I know you know your college wrestling. Is it because a PSU wrestler beat the **** out of you, or stole your girlfriend, that you're so bitter towards Penn State?

PSU, Success with Dishonor.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"The Jersey Shore" crew wrestled pretty well yesterday.  The tanning beds seem to be helping, and Snookie was seen in the crowd with a sign reading DTF. 

Are you suggesting JJaggers is inline to replace Goodale? Fresh!

I'm sure Cael didn't want let the big secret out by adding one more clip to the dozens of Rasheed cradle clips online already, but the real reason Cael started Cassar is probably because Cassar is a NJ native and had friends and/or family in attendance. You could see Cassar waving to them after getting his hand raised.

True - 150 friends and family in stands

http://www.nj.com/rutgers/index.ssf/2018/01/after_jason_nolf_injury_penn_state_wrestling_rallies_to_top_rutgers.html

That was the consensus last season after Sorenson's close loss to Retherford in the dual at at Carver-Hawkeye.

Lewis and Gravina are tough, good wrestlers - but they aren't beating Joseph or Nickal at B1Gs and/or NCAAs.

Pretty sure I said that.  I am just saying that saying a close loss to the #1 guy means nothing to the loser is LAUGHABLE.  

It doesn't MEAN you will ever beat them, but it sure as hell gives you a boat load more confidence that you could vs getting teched or pinned......

If you don't think a close loss to someone that is supposed to blow you out builds major confidence, you don't know College Wrestling. Now, I am not saying that Lewis or Gravina will end up beating either Joseph or Nickal, but they definitely believe they can even more so after those losses.

Simply put, lose 17-2, you can't just shrug it off(except maybe Caldwell via Metcalf). Lose 6-5, your mental state is WAAAAAAY different.

Like I said, it depends on your perspective. Are you used to losing big? Or not losing at all. I don't see anything that I disagree with so I guess I know college wrestling. Do I get a participation trophy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, this thread is bringing out the bad on both sides of the discussion.

An outsider's takeaways:

Rutgers is tough and improving, but they aren't on PSU's level, even if Ashnault is in the line-up.

PSU is still the king, at least until Saturday.

Rutgers still won only three of 10 contested matches, one of them coming by ID when Van Brill was losing.

PSU's 125... yee-ikes! Keener is doing a serviceable job, but isn't a top 20 kid. Saturday is going to be a LOOOOOOONG day for these two.

For all that the Rutgers fans are going on about here, this match could have been WAY worse (minimal six point swing with Nolf gone; No Shak Reed; losing a team point) and even potentially embarrassing.

PSU's guys might not have anticipated the strides made by the RU fellows. VJ and BN each winning by one probably went through no one's minds.

Why did PSU lose a team point? What did DeLuca do to have the PSU faithful raising their dander?

Like I said, it depends on your perspective. Are you used to losing big? Or not losing at all. I don't see anything that I disagree with so I guess I know college wrestling. Do I get a participation trophy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You equated a participation trophy to building from a close loss to a #1 guy.  That is like equating hitting a home run to getting hit by a pitch............

anyone who is surprised by this has not followed the career of Richie Lewis. He is PDIII Lite

Rutgers is who Rutgers is. The Schnaulty felonious assaults on Jack from last year weren't the isolated incidents their faithful made them out to be.

Suriano is in the right place

It’s a rough sport. PSU fans worshipped NS last year, and would have loved Ash as well. Watching him pulverize Gulibon time and again had to get old.

I would bet I'm not too far off on them having and edge being from Jersey. 

Frank C 

well when you put it like that I actually agree with your gut.

especially the part about them being from Jersey. only from being around Jersey kids your whole life and understanding them can someone glean such a perspicacious insight. 

Let me amend that, I forgot about Suriano. He will be the sole Rutgers semi finalist. He may not even get there as wacky as the 125 lb class is. I won't make any bets since forum bets are dumb. Maybe a sig bet, or loser leaves the forum.

I thought you’d lost your mind!