gowrestle

RUTGERS PUNKS

It’s a rough sport. PSU fans worshipped NS last year, and would have loved Ash as well. Watching him pulverize Gulibon time and again had to get old.

Rutgers will never be good enough. Now seemed like a great time to remind you that you are a little red headed step child compared to Penn State. Jerk. 

Let me amend that, I forgot about Suriano. He will be the sole Rutgers semi finalist. He may not even get there as wacky as the 125 lb class is. I won't make any bets since forum bets are dumb. Maybe a sig bet, or loser leaves the forum.

Yeah, 125 is loaded.

Rutgers will never be good enough. Now seemed like a great time to remind you that you are a little red headed step child compared to Penn State. Jerk.

And all the Big fans said Rutgers could never compete in the Big. We will see.

Hurt your feelings lil buddy?

Once the ref did not call timeout prior to the "grasping" occurring, he HAD TO call the violation.  Nowhere does it say that if the "clothing" was not on in the exact meant for fashion, that grasping it was no longer a penalty.

No, he didn't have to call the violation.  He could have used something that seems to be in short supply today, i.e., a little common sense. 

As to your second point, nowhere does it say that the grasping of headgear by a competitor refers to his opponent's headgear.  (The rule simply states that "grasping...of ear protection by a competitor is a technical violation.")  Therefore, when a guy adjusts his own headgear during a bout, he's committing a technical violation (by rule).  However, we all know that's not the intent of the rule, so it's not called as a violation - nor would we want it called.  We want our refs to apply common sense and follow the intent of the rules - not become Philadelphia lawyers looking for clever technicalities.

Now seemed like a great time to remind you that you are a little red headed step child compared to Penn State. Jerk. 

prejudice against redheds, step children and new jerseyans. 

wow, not a good look.

guys it was just a wrestling match. no reason to let these ugly emotions get the better of you. NJ and PA are still pals. if you don't believe that both before and after sunday's match then you can miss me with your partisan, troglodytic hate speech. thank you.

If your expectation is to beat the #1 team, you will think that a close team loss and some close matches is a step backward not forwards. If your goal is to be competitive, than you may look at it as a base on which to build and a step forward. The former does not embrace a close loss, the latter does. Where Rutgers is this particular year is defined by how they respond to losses.

The proper baseball analogy (for me) is striking out, but you can build on that because a couple of your swings were really, really close.

I still agree with the Marine guy's post. And I have no problem with Rutgers fans being happy that that their wrestlers competed (i.e., participated) really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guys it was just a wrestling match. no reason to let these ugly emotions get the better of you. NJ and PA are still pals. if you don't believe that both before and after sunday's match then you can miss me with your partisan, troglodytic hate speech. thank you.

You shut your mouth and go to sleep

Edited by madcat11

I'm sure Cael didn't want let the big secret out by adding one more clip to the dozens of Rasheed cradle clips online already, but the real reason Cael started Cassar is probably because Cassar is a NJ native and had friends and/or family in attendance. You could see Cassar waving to them after getting his hand raised.

Absolutely agree, I forgot about that little factoid.

1 complaint about a college kid tweeting? And thats the culture of the Program? You need to cry about something better!

I’ve been a Rutgers fan for 30 years. I’ve been to all their matches this year and haven taken in a few at Lehigh. I’ve also watched a bunch on Flo and the B1G10 Network. The amount of head butting and face slapping by the Rutgers wrestlers on Sunday is something I have never seen before.

The Rutgers faithful are trying to put a positive spin on the aggressive nature displayed by Rutgers. I don’t buy it. The ref stunk but that happens sometimes. Goodale sent out a tweet last week that acknowledged the drama; a mistake in my opinion.

The match is over. Time to move on.

prejudice against redheds, step children and new jerseyans. 

wow, not a good look.

Nah. Just don't like NJWC's shiddey addytood. 

Edited by TBar1977

No, he didn't have to call the violation. He could have used something that seems to be in short supply today, i.e., a little common sense.

As to your second point, nowhere does it say that the grasping of headgear by a competitor refers to his opponent's headgear. (The rule simply states that "grasping...of ear protection by a competitor is a technical violation.") Therefore, when a guy adjusts his own headgear during a bout, he's committing a technical violation (by rule). However, we all know that's not the intent of the rule, so it's not called as a violation - nor would we want it called. We want our refs to apply common sense and follow the intent of the rules - not become Philadelphia lawyers looking for clever technicalities.

Does the rule book and the Interpretation they provide not say adversary and opponent when referring to grasping of "clothing"? Of course adjusting your own "clothing" is expected and encouraged when necessary. However, when engaging your opponent you aren't supposed to "grasp" any clothing, which includes headgear, regardless of how it is placed on the body. Because it didn't result in an advantage doesn't mean it isn't a violation.

Now, again, I do think it is mainly the refs fault because he should have stopped the action earlier. But, Joseph did grab the head gear, period.

I like it that Rutgers wasn’t intimidated and was aggressive. Of course no one encourages injury or wants intentional harm. I remember us (ISU) heavily taping Nate Carr’s healthy shoulder to confuse opponents (his other arm was actually hurt).

Does the rule book and the Interpretation they provide not say adversary and opponent when referring to grasping of "clothing"? Of course adjusting your own "clothing" is expected and encouraged when necessary. However, when engaging your opponent you aren't supposed to "grasp" any clothing, which includes headgear, regardless of how it is placed on the body. Because it didn't result in an advantage doesn't mean it isn't a violation.

No. It says by a competitor.

No. It says by a competitor.

I see.  So what I read was simply an interpretation.  Still it does say that any such act is prohibited.  Now, I guess defining competitor/contestant as opponent is up to interpretation. But, I guess it could still be an issue if you had a hold and used your own "clothing" to lock your hand(s) in that hold.

I guess that rule needs an interpretation or another paragraph to take that ambiguity out.  Still, I think the call itself was correct, but letting it get to that point in the first place was not......