Sign in to follow this  
Eagle26

Jason Nolf updates

Please let that other thread die... I hate even looking at the classless title. I know it's a long standing joke but come on he was just hurt. I'm ok with some reasonable speculation but keep the fake news out too. I'll start... Looked serious to me. I'm guessing something is torn but it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to rehab and then wrestle B1G and NCAA and get surgery afterwards. If he can't comeback, what are Penn States options? Verkleeran?

How does a team which STILL has 4 returning NCAA Champions, 1 who gets Bonus ALL the time and 3 that get Bonus most of the time, Along with a 197 pounder who won Southern Scuffle  and is wrestling the best in his life pinning most people, and a 141 pounder who is on a tear beating good people by Bonus and looking like a contender in the wide open 141 pound division, How does a Team like that JUST CONCEDE the Team Title?

Ohio State is likely favored now, but not a sure thing.

Please let that other thread die... I hate even looking at the classless title. I know it's a long standing joke but come on he was just hurt. I'm ok with some reasonable speculation but keep the fake news out too. I'll start... Looked serious to me. I'm guessing something is torn but it wouldn't surprise me if he tries to rehab and then wrestle B1G and NCAA and get surgery afterwards. If he can't comeback, what are Penn States options? Verkleeran?

Pretty weird that Nolf is the only 157 pounder on the team. Hell, I'd rather be a reserve at 157 than 149, can eat more. And PSU has 4 149 pounders behind Zain, not counting two guys that are co-listed as 141-149.

Edited by TobusRex

At the moment the injury occurred, Nolf wasn’t wrenching in pain. I think his knee is sprained but ligaments stretched, not torn. Ice, rest, and smart rehab, he’ll be back in fighting shape in 4 weeks. Of course, time will tell.

At the moment the injury occurred, Nolf wasn’t wrenching in pain. I think his knee is sprained but ligaments stretched, not torn. Ice, rest, and smart rehab, he’ll be back in fighting shape in 4 weeks. Of course, time will tell.

It's impossible to say just from the video.  You can tear an ACL and not be wrenching in pain, and it's also possible to "only" have a sprain and be wrenching in pain.  Some people just respond to pain differently. 

Posting my thoughts from the other thread -

Definitely didn’t move enough to be a dislocation, and there was definitely a pop. You don’t see a pop for a tweak or a sprain.

I’m thinking ACL or LCL. IF he comes back it will be wrestling purposely on a tore up knee. Not like it hasn’t been done before (Morningstar senior year) but would be a bad idea IMO.

I’m thinking ACL or LCL. IF he comes back it will be wrestling purposely on a tore up knee. Not like it hasn’t been done before (Morningstar senior year) but would be a bad idea IMO.

With the bright future he has in the sport, wrestling on a bum knee now would be a terrible idea.  If it is torn up then he needs to get it taken care, let it heal, and plan for the future.

Even without Nolf PSU can still win the NCAA title.  They are favored at 149, 165 and 184 and co favorite at 174.  Lee, Shakur and Nevills can all place as well.  

Bucks are favored at Hvy and slight fave at 197.  Nate and Myles are in the hunt.  Bo falls in the 3-6 range.  Micah, Hayes, McKenna and Pletcher can all AA but none are locks to do it.  Add in PSU's predilection for bonus and I'd say they're still the slight fave.

I feel badly for Nolf.  He's such a marvelous performer but the injury appears significant.  Perhaps it was just a sprain?  

Posting my thoughts from the other thread -

Definitely didn’t move enough to be a dislocation, and there was definitely a pop. You don’t see a pop for a tweak or a sprain.

I agree, think it may be LCL, maybe ACL. I watched again and Van Brill actually scissors his knee (sort of traps it) and then lifts up on ankle which puts a ton of pressure on the outside of knee. I can't say it was dirty, but I've never seen someone scissor a leg in that situation.

If I'm Nolf, I only come back if I am 90% there or better. His style is so wide open that he is always putting his joints in weird positions. Not the best style if you have a knee that can be tweaked pretty easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's impossible to say just from the video.  You can tear an ACL and not be wrenching in pain, and it's also possible to "only" have a sprain and be wrenching in pain.  Some people just respond to pain differently. 

Looked to me like he essentially got heel hooked.  If the pop that appears to have happened actually happened he's done for the season. 

Though I guess an ACL is something that doesn't get worse, it just doesn't get better.  He could put a big ole brace on it and try to wrestle with one leg the rest of the season.

I wouldn't put mark hall as a 50/50 split with zahid and say bojo has no chance of doing better than 3rd. The two are 1 and 1 with hall's win coming with terrible officiating. Without nolf it's Ohio State that's in the driver's seat and in control of their destiny.

I hope nolf returns sooner than later and fully recovers.

It's impossible to say just from the video. You can tear an ACL and not be wrenching in pain, and it's also possible to "only" have a sprain and be wrenching in pain. Some people just respond to pain differently.

Let’s hope it’s only a sprain but you are definitely right regarding your explanation.