• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

- Love David Taylor's style -- I've been saying for a while his style is well suited internationally. Super fun wrestler to watch and beat some tough opponents on the way. His semi-final opponent was clueless what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it all at 86kg this year. 

- I can't see Dake making a run, his style is somehow too static for these international guys. The Russian, Gadzi, beat him convincingly. Zaseev, seems good, but his style is a bit all over the place, he gets over aggressive.

- Sadulaev does not look big at 92kg, not sure how he plans to go to 97kg given he doesn't even really lift weights. Apparently he walks at 92kg now.

- Snyder is great, but 97kg is somehow not as strong now with the departure of Gastalov, Gadisov, Gazumov and others. Speaking of...where is Bolt?

- Stieber can't catch a break. Wonder where he will wrestle, which class?

- Russia is not strong at 97kg without Sad or at HW. I see the next worlds again being neck and neck with Russia, USA and may be Iran. Should be fun.

- Some crazy politics going on in Russia, banning Ramonov and Geduev from participating. Ramonov posted on Instagram that he was totally confused why.

• Medicine_Man likes this

#2 Ching

Ching

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:39 AM

I don't agree regarding Dake. There are a couple of things in his favor.

1) This is a new weight class and will not be as deep.

2) Russia can only send one representative

3) His style is fine. Take a look at his body of work in sr level. Not a "static" wrestler. He didn't look good in the finals. That may be representative of where he is at, or it may not. It was one tournament.

On Steiber, he needs to be at 61kg. He is capable of the podium there, not at 65.

Follow @_Homme

#3 quanon

quanon

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:43 AM

Was there a press release on the Ramonov/Geduev bans? Were they banned from competition for a specific time period, or just shut out of the Yarygin?

#4 Ching

Ching

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

Was there a press release on the Ramonov/Geduev bans? Were they banned from competition for a specific time period, or just shut out of the Yarygin?

Tedeev posted on instagram that they didn't wrestle enough nor at the new weight classes to deserve the spot at Yarygin.

https://www.instagra...zambolat_tedeev

Follow @_Homme

#5 wfan24

wfan24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

There is again some tension with Tedeev and others. Likely coming from the fact Ramonov wrestled in the Indian league. I don't know if Tedeev was happy with that, probably not. By banning these 2 he probably wanted to make a statement: ban Olympic champ and silver medalist...crazy. I think if Tedeev continues this way, it ain't gonna end well. Funny that the most technical wrestler of Yarygin was not given to the winner of that weight class or Sadulaev...

Edited by wfan24, 30 January 2018 - 07:38 AM.

#6 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

Personally, I think Dake will do better if he can get his emotions in check. He gets frustrated pretty easily and starts complaining to officials. That's never a way to buy favor in their eyes. He certainly has the talent to place high, if not win it all. He can throw you from anywhere. But sometimes, he needs to take a step back and take a deep breath. 

#7 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

I don't agree regarding Dake. There are a couple of things in his favor.

1) This is a new weight class and will not be as deep.

2) Russia can only send one representative

3) His style is fine. Take a look at his body of work in sr level. Not a "static" wrestler. He didn't look good in the finals. That may be representative of where he is at, or it may not. It was one tournament.

On Steiber, he needs to be at 61kg. He is capable of the podium there, not at 65.

still can not believe it How could he not beat Ahmed. He won the JB! 

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#8 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

still can not believe it How could he not beat Ahmed. He won the JB! 

Dake gets better against a particular opponent the more he wrestles them. He is pretty good at adjusting. He had the benefit of wrestling JB several times and being able to prepare for him specifically. We'll see how he does next time they meet (if they meet), but my bet is he'll narrow the gap from the ass-kicking he received at the Yarygin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users