Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

PDIII Options now?

In the NAIA you've got 10 semesters to use 4 years of eligibility.  Did he go two full semesters at Nebraska?  Only attend two terms in JUCO?  I believe he attended 4 terms at ISU.  Add in his full semester at Iowa and then being enrolled in grad school this term and his 10 semesters might be up.

My prediction. 

He makes a run at making a world team with the Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Realizes he's not going to beat Taylor. 

Retires from wrestling. 

Pursues an MMA career. 

not sure why HWC would want him or feel the owed him anything, they've already sent some packing with better credentials and better ties.

Will Flo make a Flo Film on PD3?

Flowrestling Presents:

PD3 - BAMF "The Unattached Assassin"

heard they are waiting till can do an entire (or multiply) season series  PD1 , PD2, PD3 to PD4, teaming up with Amazon Prime to make available thru both platforms 

In the NAIA you've got 10 semesters to use 4 years of eligibility.  Did he go two full semesters at Nebraska?  Only attend two terms in JUCO?  I believe he attended 4 terms at ISU.  Add in his full semester at Iowa and then being enrolled in grad school this term and his 10 semesters might be up.

Idk for sure, but the NAIA is the wild west. They could find a way.

You know what PD3 and Andrew Long have in common...neither won an NAIA title.

PD3 is no saint but his transgressions don’t come close to Long’s. Long had multiple criminal alcohol offenses including assaulting a police officer, sexually assaulting a teammates mother, and then violating probation multiple times. PD3 got into some fights with willing participants, maybe failed a drug test, and was a ****ty teammate. Big difference.

PD3 is no saint but his transgressions don’t come close to Long’s. Long had multiple criminal alcohol offenses including assaulting a police officer, sexually assaulting a teammates mother, and then violating probation multiple times. PD3 got into some fights with willing participants, maybe failed a drug test, and was a ****ty teammate. Big difference.

Which is why he went to jail and never wrestled for another NCAA team ever again.

That's a rather disingenuous post. You minimize and leave out a bunch of stuff about Downey that all occurred prior to Iowa trying to bring him in. There's a post on this forum somewhere that lists all of Downey's transgressions and it's a lot longer and uglier then you try to portray. Downey was clearly worse then Long at the time of the proposed transfers. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

That's a rather disingenuous post. You minimize and leave out a bunch of stuff about Downey that all occurred prior to Iowa trying to bring him. There's a post on this forum somewhere that lists all of Downey's transgressions and it's a lot longer and uglier then you try to portray. Downey was clearly worse then Long at the time of the proposed transfers. 

LOL

You don't have to assume, I expressly said if you look at the time of the proposed transfers, note the plural i.e. Long and Downey. 

Long never wrestled for PSU after that incident however he did up end up wrestling for another coach. Funny how that coach doesn't get criticized by anyone for that fact yet some people still try to somehow spin it as a negative on Sanderson. Of course these same people are extremely bitter about Penn State's success so distortions and rationalizations like this is to be expected I guess.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I think the PSU faithful are taking offense to a comparison that they don’t need to get offended about. I’ve seen posts in other threads giving Cael crap for giving Long a second chance after his alcohol issues at ISU(yes the sexual assault stuff happened after) but the post comparing Long to PD3 just stated that Long had a worse track record of offenses and he received multiple opportunities elsewhere. Which is true. That comment didn’t come off to me as a shot at Cael or PSU, just merely a comparison between two very talented wrestlers that kept making stupid decisions that derailed their careers.

Funny how that coach doesn't get criticized by anyone for that fact yet some people still try to somehow spin it as a negative on Sanderson. 

False. That coach was criticized by numerous people, including other coaches, but it wasn't a D1 program, so few people actually paid enough attention to wrestling outside of D1 to notice it or care.