Sign in to follow this  
gimpeltf

Queens for a day!

The difference in Zain as a JH/young high school wrestler compared to later in HS and then college is he went from a sort of dopey undersized kid into a beast once he started to get into the middle weights.

Nolf had a similar trajectory. Always good like Zain but I still say, I've never seen a kid explode in talent and ability as Nolf did between 11th and 12th grade.

And I give PSU credit for getting them to even the next level even though both would've easily qualified and won matches at NCAA's as seniors in HS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

'Retherford remembers training at the same time as Schopp at Ken Chertow’s gym when he was younger and watching Schopp hit moves from the top position he’d never done before.

“When I was about 100 pounds, he rolled around with me and worked with me in those positions I wasn’t so good at,” Retherford said.'

Seems like Retherford had a pretty good experience at Chertow's. It still amazes me how some people know more about Zain than Zain. 

Zain "I learned some good stuff in positions I wasn't good at, at Chertow's gym."

Poster "No you didn't. Other guys taught you that."

Zain "They did?"

Poster "Yes, Chertow did not teach you anything. You do not remember your own life correctly."

Based on the website, I don't think the club is still running.

https://bisonlegendwrestling.net/

Upcoming Practice Schedule

N/A – There are currently no practice sessions scheduled.

https://bisonlegendwrestling.net/training-philosophy/training-information/

Interesting, I had noticed no practices scheduled but simply thought that he might not run much during the season. But if you look below that the most recent news is last year's Flo Nationals.

'Retherford remembers training at the same time as Schopp at Ken Chertow’s gym when he was younger and watching Schopp hit moves from the top position he’d never done before.[/size]

“When I was about 100 pounds, he rolled around with me and worked with me in those positions I wasn’t so good at,” Retherford said.'

Seems like Retherford had a pretty good experience at Chertow's. It still amazes me how some people know more about Zain than Zain. 

Zain "I learned some good stuff in positions I wasn't good at, at Chertow's gym."

Zain "They did?"

Poster "Yes, Chertow did not teach you anything. You do not remember your own life correctly.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article195493499.html#storylink=cpy

I took that quote to mean that Schopp rolled around with him and worked with him in those positions. It just happened to be at Chertows camp. Doesn't mean he learned a whole lot from Chertow. I don't know if Chertow was influential in Zain's development or not so I'm not going to say one way or another. But I will say Chertow has always seemed to be a bit annoying and always after $$. So I am guessing his new venture didn't prove to be as profitable as he thought and so he moved on.

'Retherford remembers training at the same time as Schopp at Ken Chertow’s gym when he was younger and watching Schopp hit moves from the top position he’d never done before.

Zain "They did?"

Poster "Yes, Chertow did not teach you anything. You do not remember your own life correctly."

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article195493499.html#storylink=cpy

Clearly a textbook case of the Mandela Effect.

I took that quote to mean that Schopp rolled around with him and worked with him in those positions. It just happened to be at Chertows camp. Doesn't mean he learned a whole lot from Chertow. I don't know if Chertow was influential in Zain's development or not so I'm not going to say one way or another. But I will say Chertow has always seemed to be a bit annoying and always after $$. So I am guessing his new venture didn't prove to be as profitable as he thought and so he moved on.

Chertow had a year around training facility in a building next to his house. Typical wrestling room downstairs. This was seperate from his camps and a lot of good wrestlers came out of here. I know this because I have actually been at the property. There was also employees who worked in cubicles doing the business/ marketing stuff, as well as an area for the gear he sold. Also, Chertow was often out and about and Ian, at the time I was around, was the hands on coach. Chertow takes credit because it was his operation and in that regard he can, but he wasn't the day to day coach. My view on where Chertow is where he is: I think he burned to many bridges. I essentially did the leg work to get a camp going in Arizona. It got a solid turn out and was a good camp. We had a falling out, which was not unusual for Chertow and that camp died off. I suspect this got repeated too many times.

Chertow had a year around training facility in a building next to his house. Typical wrestling room downstairs. This was seperate from his camps and a lot of good wrestlers came out of here. I know this because I have actually been at the property. There was also employees who worked in cubicles doing the business/ marketing stuff, as well as an area for the gear he sold. Also, Chertow was often out and about and Ian, at the time I was around, was the hands on coach. Chertow takes credit because it was his operation and in that regard he can, but he wasn't the day to day coach. My view on where Chertow is where he is: I think he burned to many bridges. I essentially did the leg work to get a camp going in Arizona. It got a solid turn out and was a good camp. We had a falling out, which was not unusual for Chertow and that camp died off. I suspect this got repeated too many times.

You had a falling out with someone?

It's interesting that he's saying how the season ended at 5-8. Although I am informally hearing issues similar to things suggested here that statement that was somewhat confirmed by the AD statement puts a different light on the situation. They might not have been fully NCAA this year and as such didn't have a conference tourney to end the year. Anyone know about this possible factor?

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/college/penn-state-university/psu-wrestling/article198305504.html

This makes it seem unexpected and that he is trying to figure out what to do now.

I assumed he made the decision to leave for a specific opportunity.

Shameless plugs for his camps, Advocare, and trying to sell his house all in the same “statement,” impressive.