Sign in to follow this  
dmm53

Aaron Brooks commits to . . .

Hammerlocks comments are the reason why rational wrestling fans are abandoning this forum in favor of others. Its a sad day when people like hammer act out the way they do, invoking this trollish behavior. For once, grow up people. If youre that cynical and nauseating, please do find professional help. Most towns have hotlines to call that can help you through and ease your pain.

So the Flo article said he's doing an OTC year.  Is that a post high school year or his senior year? 

It will be a post HS year at the OTC.  Brooks is in the class of 2018.  He will still get 5 years to wrestle 4 once he gets to PSU.

Big get for PSU.  Brooks is a killer.  

I'll be honest though... the "coach" thing is kind of odd.  You might have shook his hand a couple of times, and heard him speak at a dinner... but he's not your coach.  Hammerlock is just looking for a fight, per usual, but there's a shade of truth in what he said about projecting yourself into the program.  

I don't see how calling him Coach Sanderson is projecting yourself into the program. It certainly doesn't merit 2 full pages of back and forth.

I think it's actually an interesting topic. 

There's an implied possessive associated with calling someone "Coach ______," at least in my mind.  I'm struggling to find a similar example though.... like you would call the president "President _____," but that's because he's your president.  But it would be weird if you called Kim Jong-un "Supreme Leader Jong-un."  Not the best example, but it sort of works.  

Big get for PSU.  Brooks is a killer.  

I'll be honest though... the "coach" thing is kind of odd.  You might have shook his hand a couple of times, and heard him speak at a dinner... but he's not your coach.  Hammerlock is just looking for a fight, per usual, but there's a shade of truth in what he said about projecting yourself into the program.  

Oh Really? Never knew this msg. board had all these sorts of silly rules.  And I have never once shaken Cael Sanderson's hand. I just watch when I attend, I don't try to insert myself into what they are doing as they seem sorta busy if you get my drift. 

Maybe I should know better with these boards. Mopes and dopes all over here read all kinds of things into what people say. I once said a college wrestler seemed "like a nice kid", and THAT, a compliment, offended some idiot here. Or maybe they just don't like PSU and they see me as pro PSU and they just want to hassle me. Yeah, that's basically what it is. We all know its true. 

Edited by TBar1977

Maryland letting another one get away. They just can’t land the top talent in their own state. Then again the top talent from the state ending up and either psu or tosu has to be a good sign for Maryland

McHenry to psu will also happen. 100%! He might even be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it matter if TBar is trying to project himself into the program?  If anything, that is the very definition of "fandom", when one can project themselves into the foray of the sport, team, and situation.  

Would it be any different it were "Coach Tressel" or "Coach Meyer" at Ohio State.  Growing up in the 80's in Northeast Ohio, our darling was "Coach Brown"... yes... THE PAUL BROWN... but he hadn't coached any of us.  

I think it's more of a term of "respect".  You "earn" that title after you have been "affirmed" as being "the coach", and they go down in history as such.  

To dissect this, this far, just shows that folks would rather opine nothingness, instead of the actual action of what occurred in the sport, which was Brooks' signing with PSU.

Great get for PSU.  Will be interesting to see how he racks and stacks, in due time, against the other Big 10 recruits at and around the weight.  

Oh Really? Never knew this msg. board had all these sorts of silly rules.  And I have never once shaken Cael Sanderson's hand. I just watch when I attend, I don't try to insert myself into what they are doing as they seem sorta busy if you get my drift. 

Maybe I should know better with these boards. Mopes and dopes all over here read all kinds of things into what people say. I once said a college wrestler seemed "like a nice kid", and THAT, a compliment, offended some idiot here. Or maybe they just don't like PSU and they see me as pro PSU and they just want to hassle me. Yeah, that's basically what it is. We all know its true. 

Easy tiger.  I don't think what I said was all that controversial, just an observation of what's probably not even conscious behavior.  Meant more as a general observation of fan behavior rather than any sort of personal attack.  

I, for one, have shaken Coach Sanderson's hand.  Haven't washed it since.  

Easy tiger.  I don't think what I said was all that controversial, just an observation of what's probably not even conscious behavior.  Meant more as a general observation of fan behavior rather than any sort of personal attack.  

I, for one, have shaken Coach Sanderson's hand.  Haven't washed it since.  

On multiple occasions I have stated I have no inside knowledge whatsoever of what is going in the PSU program, and I think that would be the exact opposite of what someone trying to project themselves into the program would do. 

I'm just like you, a guy talking wrestling on a msg. board. 

This is the year to knock them off.  If Penn State manages to win the title despite Nolf's injury, they're going to put a long string together.      What's Cael up to now, 6 titles?     With Gable at 15 and PSU just rolling along with their incredible recruiting and development once in the room, it become only a matter of time.   

I honestly don’t but plenty of people do and I’ve never thought twice about it. Who cares.

I have learned that here you can snobbily write about being rich and nobody cares, but if you call a coach "coach", then that has to be dealt with harshly. Can't make thisshyt up.