Sign in to follow this  
dmm53

Aaron Brooks commits to . . .

I think it's actually an interesting topic. 

There's an implied possessive associated with calling someone "Coach ______," at least in my mind.  I'm struggling to find a similar example though.... like you would call the president "President _____," but that's because he's your president.  But it would be weird if you called Kim Jong-un "Supreme Leader Jong-un."  Not the best example, but it sort of works.

Always love your posts. One of the few rational people on this message board but with this one I disagree. I think it's a sign of respect to call him Coach Sanderson cuz I'm not on a personal basis with him. But I agree with another poster 2 full pages of back and forth on this is goddamn ridiculous

Always love your posts. One of the few rational people on this message board but with this one I disagree. I think it's a sign of respect to call him Coach Sanderson cuz I'm not on a personal basis with him. But I agree with another poster 2 full pages of back and forth on this is goddamn ridiculous

It's very off-putting to throw out general insults like this.  I think if you were to read the posts on this board, you would find that many of us are very rational. Sure, some people are blinded by being fans of a particular team, but that just comes with the territory of being a "fanatic." It does not mean they are irrational.  

It's very off-putting to throw out general insults like this.  I think if you were to read the posts on this board, you would find that many of us are very rational. Sure, some people are blinded by being fans of a particular team, but that just comes with the territory of being a "fanatic." It does not mean they are irrational.  

The very definition of "fanatic" implies a level or irrationalism.  

Fanatic:  

NOUN
  1. a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

Am I irrationally over-excited about wrestling?  yes.  Am I gonna beat my chest or make excuses when the team I favor loses (like on Saturday) or when the athlete I follow underperforms (i.e. BoJo, MyMar, Moore)?  No... 

it is what it is... have fun and watch quality wrasslin'.  

If UMD could ever keep the top kids home then they’d really have a chance to flourish. The state of Maryland is probably just a little above average overall but they have produced some real elite kids over the past decade. You’re right, Mchenry is more than likely goto PSU as well. UMD landed Bannister who has had an up and down career and Llopez who never set a foot on campus. The last one before that was asper who was a stud but he graduated from HS over 10 years ago. Beyond that, no In-state studs have stayed in state. It’s frustrating as a fan.