hammerlockthree

Get on Kanen Storrs Twitter

Ouch, puts a very negative spin on things for Iowa State. This is going to hurt their recruiting, I'm sure of it.. They need to develop some guys in a serious way and quick.

Was impressed when Dresser brought in an all-star coaching staff.

My one question was if Metcalf had the temperament to coach. This one incident isn't enough for me to form a final opinion, but it does reflect poorly on him.

That Twitter post should be titled, "Sonnet of a snowflake."

He just unwittingly confirmed NCAA violations on behalf of the Paulsons.

I stand by previous statements that the NCAA will most likely allow him to transfer anywhere but Virginia.

I know Kanen and his family and he's anything but a "snowflake" but I guess others know him better than I do.  Hard-working, clean-living kid who showed during his 25-5 redshirt year he has the stuff.  A coach shoving a kid in the situation described?  Classless and unprofessional, a total d!ck move.  Telling a kid he has until the next morning to request a waiver or he won't get one later?   Blackmail, KGB tactic.

No question the fit with the new coaching staff was not right, but the tactics used to force the kid out were an embarrassment to the profession.  You can call Kanen a "snowflake" but nowhere in my years of knowing him is he a liar or someone who embellishes the truth.

I come on this board and regularly listen to "experts" trash coaches because they're not winners.  The late Rande Stottlemyer, for example, took tons of heat and was called everything but a good coach. Knowing Rande briefly and then listening to his former wrestlers speak to his abilities as a teacher, his decency as a person, his imparting of lessons that transcended wrestling, I'll take a "loser" like him every day of the week over manipulative, conniving, cut-throat, douche bag "winners."

Doesn’t make Dresser look like a smart man. He had to know what transpired and should have kept his mouth shut after the kid left ISU. I hope they don’t try and trash Kanen’s character. Metcalf may have destroyed his coaching career.

Notice in this relationship that went south the coaches pushed, harassed, were unwilling to listen, didn't care enough to give feedback... Kanen did nothing and was simply a victim of a poor coaching and bullying. Why do I find that hard to believe? In his "I am a victim of unethical treatment" manifesto, he gave no reason why he was being picked on. Hmmm... weird

I mean, its just my opinion. The guy put hands on a kid unprovoked (from what Kanen said), he's known(I guess more so perceived) as a hothead, and from a PR/ Recruiting standpoint, will kids want to go to a place where they're shoved around after a tough loss? 

I get that this is in a vacuum as of right now, and thats why I said "if this is factual... if its not just how Kanen saw it...etc"

Then, I didnt even get into this idea of him being strong armed out of the program. Again, that's a thing where it very well could have went down different and it only sounds that bad from Storr's point of view - so who knows. 

At the very least - if the kid is full of crap they(Iowa State) should let it be known. 

Edited by iGranby