hammerlockthree

Get on Kanen Storrs Twitter

He got shoved. Not punched. Not choked. Not thrown down stairs. "Shoved." He's capable of defending himself and is not a victim in any way. To say he felt "unsafe" is a gross exaggeration meant to paint himself as a victim and drum up as much sympathy.

You don’t understand power dynamics

If I shove my friend, I’m an *******, but nobody really cares because we are friends in equal paying fields

If I should an employee on my team, it is a huge issue. That employee is highly unlikely to defend themselves, because they will lose their job (or in this case scholarship)

It isn’t appropriate. This isn’t a “snowflake” issue.

Kanen is obviously super tough. He has a reputation in fact for showing up to too many tough events and that possibly wearing him down physically

I like Iowa State. I really like Dresser. Kanen may be in the wrong in terms of NCAA violations. Whatever the case, the shove was wrong and Kanen didn’t have options as to how to respond. That alone is wrong, even if Iowa State is in the right with everything else

What do mean that it “always,” bugs you? Has this happened before?

yes. I have seen that sentence (quote) in several articles. Same quote. Just keep seeing it. So it always bothers me seeing it. That particular quote.

Does Michigan have a coach right now? Weird timing

Right - huge get for the program but you don't usually see guys accept offers when there's a coaching vacancy. Maybe they're close to sealing the deal with a candidate and told him, I dunno, very weird.

Right - huge get for the program but you don't usually see guys accept offers when there's a coaching vacancy. Maybe they're close to sealing the deal with a candidate and told him, I dunno, very weird.

his older brother wrestled at Michigan for a short time, so this isn’t entirely out of left field.

1) Clearly there was something inappropriate about the shove or Zadick doesn't address it with him.

2) Isn't having both Zadick and Metcalf on staff kind of redundant, both in size, style, mindset, etc?

3) ISU isn't watching film and breaking down matches with its wrestlers?  I don't live in a wrestling hotbed by any means, but mid-level high schools watch film of matches. Weird.

4) ISU is in trouble.  

1) Clearly there was something inappropriate about the shove or Zadick doesn't address it with him.

2) Isn't having both Zadick and Metcalf on staff kind of redundant, both in size, style, mindset, etc?

3) ISU isn't watching film and breaking down matches with its wrestlers? I don't live in a wrestling hotbed by any means, but mid-level high schools watch film of matches. Weird.

4) ISU is in trouble.

Sorry, but you’re a little late to the party.