Sign in to follow this  
Urban_Achiever

Chertow Out at Queens

He thinks he is getting the head coaching job at Iowa and is getting his top four or five wrestlers to come with him to give the program an immediate boost in quality so the Squawkeyes will win the next NCAA championship over Penn State and tOSU and OSU and Minnesota and Arizona State and all the other pretender who will then bow down and recognize his great coaching ability.

Besides, the Hawkeye wrestling club offers better and more profitable chances for marketing his clinics.

That would make sense and likely be a good fit.

Take nothing away from the interim Richard Lavorato,  but I think learning under someone like Chertow would be great for him, and I think the name recognition KC brings would help VMI in the recruiting aspect as well.

Take nothing away from the interim Richard Lavorato,  but I think learning under someone like Chertow would be great for him, and I think the name recognition KC brings would help VMI in the recruiting aspect as well.

I have a friend who was an NCAA qualifier for VMI same era as Chertow was rasslin'. KC has no 'name' relevance here. I really hope this is not the way VMI is going here.......  

I have a friend who was an NCAA qualifier for VMI same era as Chertow was rasslin'. KC has no 'name' relevance here. I really hope this is not the way VMI is going here.......

Ken has a lot of name recognition in the wrestling community. He has extensive connections all over the country and could use those to find kids who might be a good fit for a program like VMI.

I would venture to guess that more high school coaches know who Ken Chertow is than know who many of the other coaches leading top-20 programs. And considering the kids that VMI would be recruiting would not be the ones that are choosing one of the few schools to have claimed a team national championship, I think he would do well.

Ken has a lot of name recognition in the wrestling community. He has extensive connections all over the country and could use those to find kids who might be a good fit for a program like VMI.

I would venture to guess that more high school coaches know who Ken Chertow is than know who many of the other coaches leading top-20 programs. And considering the kids that VMI would be recruiting would not be the ones that are choosing one of the few schools to have claimed a team national championship, I think he would do well.

Except that he would violate NCAA rules which is usually frowned upon at NCAA schools.

True. Most deleted emailer in my inbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He thinks he is getting the head coaching job at Iowa and is getting his top four or five wrestlers to come with him to give the program an immediate boost in quality so the Squawkeyes will win the next NCAA championship over Penn State and tOSU and OSU and Minnesota and Arizona State and all the other pretender who will then bow down and recognize his great coaching ability.

Besides, the Hawkeye wrestling club offers better and more profitable chances for marketing his clinics.

An entire post without insulting someone else’s beliefs. Baby steps for you. Atta boy.