• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 rpm002

rpm002

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:31 PM

Dake teched Ringer in the finals of a tournament in Paris 10-0.  Then beat him 3-0 in the US Open.  Then beat him 2-1 in WTT.  (in the last one, Ringer got a pushout a millisecond after the final whistle, which would have made it 2-2, but Dake would have won either way.)

So yeah, you can totally look at that pattern and see Ringer's improvement, or you could say Dake controlled all 3 and the last one was only close because he was saving energy.  Hopefully they both stay healthy and we get to find out!

• de4856 likes this

#42 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:53 AM

Fair enough. His results vs. Dake have gone from terrible to competitive in a span of 3 matches. I saw all of them and didn't think Dake was really in danger of losing (even that third time), but Ringer has narrowed the gap vs. Dake. I still think the last match would have been different if it was the last match of the day and Dake didn't do the minimum to advance, though, but that's just an opinion based on watching him in tournaments over the years and comments he has made throughout interviews.

Either guy will be a great rep for us, but my money is on Dake every time against Ringer.

#43 PSUMike

PSUMike

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:47 AM

57 - Lee over Gilman...yeah I said it. 

61 - Maple over Brewer

65 - Zain over Steiber

70 - Green over Molinaro

74 - Burroughs over IMar

79 - Dake over Hall

86 - Taylor over next man up

92 - Cox over Heflin

97 - Snyder over Gadsen

HWT - Gwiz over Steveson

• de4856 likes this

#44 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

I'd be surprised if Spencer Lee competed in freestyle in the offseason. I'm sure he will want to, but his time might be better invested with continued rehab of that knee, conditioning and adding some overall muscle mass.
  • de4856 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users