tightwaist

Spencer Lee

I think Lee is the favorite, but with how deep this weight is, he isn't much of a favorite.  Agreed with others that this will be a fun weight come NCAAs.  I'd say the most fun 125 has been in a very long time-most recent one that comes close is Nickerson's freshman year when it was him, Dubuque, Simmons, Haze, Coleman Scott.

I think he is the best talent, and I am rooting for him, but am going to hedge my bets until he shows he can get a TD on Cruz, Suriano, Toma, or even Bresser. The season is moving along. We will know soon enough.  

Against NaTo he got two escapes and an RT point to one TD from NaTo. He won that one with a great ride in the 2nd period and some really impressive shot defense - NaTo was in on him a whole bunch of times but Lee was able to avoid getting scored on all but once. 

I'd say Lee is 100% a favorite to AA and probably a 60-70% favorite to make the finals.  But I think that a NaTo who didn't make weight just an hour prior would be a favorite over Lee in the finals.  Not a huge favorite, but a favorite. 

https://youtu.be/n6ysDXkGm-0

Edited by ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Against NaTo he got two escapes and an RT point to one TD from NaTo. He won that one with a great ride in the 2nd period and some really impressive shot defense - NaTo was in on him a whole bunch of times but Lee was able to avoid getting scored on all but once. 

I'd say Lee is 100% a favorite to AA and probably a 60-70% favorite to make the finals.  But I think that a NaTo who didn't make weight just an hour prior would be a favorite over Lee in the finals.  Not a huge favorite, but a favorite. 

https://youtu.be/n6ysDXkGm-0

This is my thought as well. NaTo is Lee's toughest match up, even if he didn't look too deadly last night.

The Big 10 tourney, and the resulting seeds for NCAA's will be interesting. If Cruz runs the table for the remainder of the season, he is a certain # 1....no?

For those who want to talk wrestling and not act like grade schoolers...

Been watching Suriano all year and have seen some Lee and Nato matches. I'm pulling for Suriano as I'm NJ but I feel he doesn't has enough in the toolbox to take on Lee. Seems too one dimensional. Whereas a Lee and Retherford are on another level. See it Lee, Nato, Suriano or maybe Cruz feeling disrespected and getting into the top 3 but not 1. I'd bet on Lee right now.

Feel like getting in the RU coaches ears saying aren't you scouting and bringing him along to take on his biggest challenges at b10 and NCAA? The other thing, he's not working out with the best nor the best in his corner.

Still can't believe he left PSU. That's like asking for a trade from the Yankees. Same with McKenna. To walk away from that degree....not like he's #1 in his weight. Who am I to judge....

But I do hope Suriano adds to his arsenal.

I never understood this. Who is in the Penn state room that could help him? Zain who weighs 24 pounds more than him? Nico left so who did he workout with?

I never understood this. Who is in the Penn state room that could help him? Zain who weighs 24 pounds more than him? Nico left so who did he workout with?

Not really arguing with you, but who does he have at Rutgers that's pushing him in the same manner as you're asking. I'm happy that he's at Rutgers. He seems to feel more comfortable there which really is all that matters.

For those who want to talk wrestling and not act like grade schoolers...

Been watching Suriano all year and have seen some Lee and Nato matches.  I'm pulling for Suriano as I'm NJ but I feel he doesn't has enough in the toolbox to take on Lee.  Seems too one dimensional.  Whereas a Lee and Retherford are on another level.  See it Lee, Nato, Suriano or maybe Cruz feeling disrespected and getting into the top 3 but not 1.  I'd bet on Lee right now.

Feel like getting in the RU coaches ears saying aren't you scouting and bringing him along to take on his biggest challenges at b10 and NCAA?  The other thing, he's not working out with the best nor the best in his corner.

Still can't believe he left PSU.  That's like asking for a trade from the Yankees.  Same with McKenna.  To walk away from that degree....not like he's #1 in his weight.  Who am I to judge....

But I do hope Suriano adds to his arsenal.  

Donny P. is pretty good in the corner.  

It's not like Rivera is some schlubb. This was his 3rd loss on the year, and the other two were to Suriano (7-6, 4-1).

The weight is loaded, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is an AA this year. Great kid.

It's not like Rivera is some schlubb. This was his 3rd loss on the year, and the other two were to Suriano (7-6, 4-1).

I never said anything to even imply that. Clearly he is quite the opposite.

Nevertheless, it was a terrible match for Lee. Uncharacteristic and showed he is still not in championship shape.