tightwaist

Spencer Lee

I never said anything to even imply that. Clearly he is quite the opposite.

Nevertheless, it was a terrible match for Lee. Uncharacteristic and showed he is still not in championship shape.

You contradicted yourself. By saying that Lee had a terrible match simply because it was close is certainly a knock on SR.

The kid has lost to two guys, perhaps the two best in the weight, in close matches.

Great win for Lee.    I didn't get to see the bout but I'll take the win.    This is one I circled on the calendar as a gauge for where Lee is progressing.       I like it.   I think he's in the top 4 power ranking now for sure.    B1G should go a long ways to sorting things out.   

You contradicted yourself. By saying that Lee had a terrible match simply because it was close is certainly a knock on SR.

The kid has lost to two guys, perhaps the two best in the weight, in close matches.

No. He gassed hard and gave up in the third. I don't care who you're wrestling, that's not wrestling well. No knock on your NJ guy, who is obviously pretty good himself.

Wow, terrible match and he still beat Rivera with a solid win.  Suriano only beat him 7-6 earlier this year.  Impressive given the fact Lee's only been back on the mat for a limited period of time.  I just watched the match and the score could have been 10-0 after one, but he was called out of bounds on a big turn.  With Lee still working himself back into good form, I think we will keep seeing him develop, but I'm not surprised by the inconsistency, since he didn't get back on the mat until December.  Solid win for a true freshman against a likely top six guy come March.   

There’s probably some of that too. True freshman who is used to blitzing guys into oblivion in the first period. Not so easy against grown men. His losses to Fix happened because he gave up leads too, so there may be a pattern, although he also came back from a big hole to win world gold too. I don’t think Lee lacks grit though, we’ll see.

Root for Lee, but if you can survive the first couple of minutes, and are really good yourself (duh), then it is a match. Winning the close tough ones is good experience. Oh, for the poster who said the Suriano only won by this much, and Lee won by that much. That doesn't work if you play it back to 5 or 6 steps of removal, of scores and bouts, and you can have a DII guy who didn't qualify as a favorite over Lee.

is that you disagreeing or being purely comical? I just don't know.

Comical. Iowa is famous for this. I really like Lee. I root for him every match. But, like Imar, another guy who is a favorite of mine, when I comment on them I call it as I see it. Even Snyder will get my knowledgeable but otherwise pointless, scouting analysis. And he is a top five favorite wrestler ever of mine.

you should start an iMar thread. I'd read it.

I don't start many threads because I don't trust this forum to discuss. Maybe around NCAA's, when this board get less dumb. Or International forum. In a nutshell, in big matches if you can stop his shots, and deal with his underhooks, and get on top of him aggressively, he gets rattled. If you can use your core against his upper body he can also be slowed down. When he gets rattled he panics and gets sloppy and tired. Catchable or gives up points. Nolf, Joseph, Dake, U23 tech. Obviously you have to be elite to do this but Imars issues are a combination of the mental game and a static style that hasn't been developed. JB for example became great and not another Joe Williams when he got more of a wrestling style and not one or two moves only.

I don't start many threads because I don't trust this forum to discuss. Maybe around NCAA's, when this board get less dumb. Or International forum. In a nutshell, in big matches if you can stop his shots, and deal with his underhooks, and get on top of him aggressively, he gets rattled. If you can use your core against his upper body he can also be slowed down. When he gets rattled he panics and gets sloppy and tired. Catchable or gives up points. Nolf, Joseph, Dake, U23 tech. Obviously you have to be elite to do this but Imars issues are a combination of the mental game and a static style that hasn't been developed. JB for example became great and not another Joe Williams when he got more of a wrestling style and not one or two moves only.

This is a “less dumb” post.

This is a “less dumb” post.

congrats on your sarcasm working against your own joke.

What do you mean?  Lee is supposed to be the best, especially around his mentors (says something about him)...arguably one of the best wrestlers entering college.  How goes it?  Pins or Tech Falls all the way?  Nope?  Hey, why did Lee hide at the...NW....but why?  Lee is a Me-First guy who wants the attention on him.  Thus the Iowa commit.  Nothing to do with TNT,,,just Lee.