Sign in to follow this  
nom

Was the PSU / tOSU dual the best one you've seen?

That was pretty amazing.  I'm sure tOSU folks didn't enjoy it but as a guy who is sorta neutral, I have to say that was pretty damn amazing.  Huge names, amazing battles against high ranked guys.  A big big upset.  Top ranked guys that are supposed to dominate but get taken down themselves several times ....  And a legendary hvy who needed a major but couldn't get it.  Underdog comes out on top.   Wow.  Wow.   Wow.

No, the best dual I ever saw or attended was Feb 9th 2014 when #3 Minnesota beat #1 Penn State 18-17 at the Sports Pavillion highlighted by Dylan Ness’s pin of Dylan Alton and Logan Storley’s 8-3 decision over Matt Brown. Of course it was closed out with Tony Nelson’s boring 6-0 win over Gingrich.

This year, yes, absolutely. What was great is that you got a full seven minutes of wrestling from almost every wrestler.  Very little standing around or trying to coast on a lead.  Kudos to both teams and both coaches. 

Looking forward to some rematches at BIG10s and Nationals.

This year, yes, absolutely. What was great is that you got a full seven minutes of wrestling from almost every wrestler.  Very little standing around or trying to coast on a lead.  Kudos to both teams and both coaches. 

Looking forward to some rematches at BIG10s and Nationals.

Every match except 157 went the distance!

This match should have been on ESPN!

Thoughts on the dual:

-When Nick Lee lost I gave up completely.  It was all about matchups from then on out, I just wanted to see Hall and Nickal win.

-I was shocked that Cassar came out, I definitely would have gone with a HR hitter in that spot since it seemed like it was PSU's only chance

-Nick Nevills has been nothing but frustrating this season. Who in the hell loses to a backup from NC State then takes down Snyder twice?

-My favorite moment was reading Cael's lips after it was over and him telling Nevills "You can beat him".  What a coach!

-Between me wanting Rasheed to wrestle tonight and not thinking Nevills should have put on weight this season it's obvious that I am stupid.  In Cael We Trust.

Nikko Triggas and I were both coaching at a tourney today and we discussed the 2008 dual at Ohio State when Jaggers pinned Jake Strayer with a defensive "spider" in the final match to win the dual by 3 for OSU (I flew out on the same flight as Nikko's parents).

We both thought that was an incredible dual (he lost to Mark McKnight 7-5). This one tops that and I'm looking forward to talking with him about it when I see him in 3 weeks at our Section tournament.

Yes.

Had the high school team over and watched it on a projector screen outside. Glad it was on BTN and not Flo as the feed worked perfectly. Most of the kids had never seen a college meet before, but got into it and we’re jumping up and down by the last match rooting for Nevills. Definitely good for the sport!