Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Deakin 4 Sorenson 5

I don't hate Iowa. I disagree with things Brands has done an acted as a coach, but no ill will towards Iowa itself. I have a dislike for Gilman's antics as well. And is yellow. I seem to recall Terry brands referring to wanting the "yellow medal" when he won the bronze in the 2000 Olympics.

I've gone on record that I liked Cory Clark and Sammie Brooks.

As for you? Yea I hate you. Your homosexual reference in your post a few minutes ago support my opinion that you are a trashy human being. Please don't misinterprete my disdain for you as a human being as hate towards Iowa. You and Iowa are not one and the same.

Hate is a strong word. You have never even met me. Black and Gold forever!

That was the correct call and the pull did impact the outcome. Look at the replay F-T just posted. Watch Sorenson's head. It's steady and then jerks down suddenly as Deakin's hand slides from the top of his head to the headgear. That's not normal. the head was pulled by something unless Deakin is actually Spiderman and his palm stuck to the side of Sorenson's head.

Really hard to see anything, but the ref was ready to call it immediately

If  you watch the match. You you an hear about 30 seconds before that Tomerry Brands yapping at him all passive aggresive "who is this guy? Where did we get him he's terrible" blah blah etc. The ref was more or less bullied and it kinda seemed like that BS call was to try offset the heat he was getting from the angry dwarves. Bad on the coaches for being winney **** worse on the ref for not having a spine.. 

*edit* Level up to Silver baby!

Edited by Grecojones

Sorenson's head drops for sure, so if the ref saw head gear grab then the head drop is evidence it could be correct call. Thanks for the replay, F-T. 

For the ref to immediately call it, and for it to be reviewed and upheld is pretty indisputable evidence it occurred. 

Sorensen should have been hit with stalling in the first. Deakin completely outworked him.

Just because one guy is more successful or even outworking his opponent is no evidence the other man is stalling.  Sorenson was just outmaneuvered multiple times. 

That was a NW guy who started that which you know but presenting facts is not in your nature. 

So what it was a NW guy who started it, it was Iowa guys pouring gasoline on that fire. I loved it though. You guys hate Ohio State and were rooting for them just because you hate PSU more. That's awesome. 

First time I've seen Deakin compete.....Admittedly I've never been a fan of Sorensen's style......Deakin looked very impressive, hard to believe he's a frosh... quicker than Sorensen, more offensive minded, good defense high on the athletic ability scale too ...I wouldn't be surprised to see this kid in the finals...if he isn't on Zain's side of the bracket. 

Exactly.  Your opinion is needed. 

I can't see anything concrete but it did look like he grabbed the headgear. Sorensen's head did snap down in a manor that would be consistent with a headgear pull, the ref seemed to be in decent position to make the call and did so without hesitation. I would assume it was the right call.

Edited by unbiased