13 replies to this topic

#1 Old_Marine_Wrestler

Old_Marine_Wrestler

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:49 AM

34-3 in Bloomington.

Duane is at 297 dual wins.  Maybe the admin is letting him stay until he clocks 300?

Which will likely be in 2018-19, as they'll probably get Indiana Tech, SIU and VMI (or similiar comp) in for the Hoosier Duals.

• southend likes this

I like NIke but wait a minute, the sport supports so put some money in it

#2 xander

xander

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

Ha. Per don’t
Tony Clifton

#3 NJwrestlingguy

NJwrestlingguy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 11:38 AM

Ski Mask Goldman with just another pathetic performance. When will it end?  0-8  Conference..They draw fans like an average Middle school Program. Why INDIANA?

Edited by NJwrestlingguy, 05 February 2018 - 11:44 AM.

• southend likes this

#4 NJwrestlingguy

NJwrestlingguy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Bring back Joey D (Princeton Staff) ..Move Forward with new Facility!

Edited by NJwrestlingguy, 06 February 2018 - 10:06 AM.

#5 cornercoach

cornercoach

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

... how? how can you achieve what Duane did, under Gable's guidance, and not know how to carry it on??

doesn't make sense...

• southend likes this

#6 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

As I said, they got worked Friday night in Bloomington by Illinois! Illinois forfeited a weight, and Indiana won a match by decision. That's two wins for the weekend, of home dual wrestling! By the way, Tony has the Boilermakers on the up swing. The boys are really getting after it this year. More Purdue fans in the place than Indiana Sunday, pitiful. 

#7 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Unfortunately, there seem to be a few programs in the Big Ten that could use a shot in the arm. I don't know what the answer is. It could be different issues at different schools. However, I do think that if the AD of a particular school feels that the coach is too long in the tooth and the program has consistently under performed for a number of years, he/she should step up and create some change.
Iowa St. seems to have done this, so we'll see how that program looks a few years down the road.
  • southend likes this

#8 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:03 AM

Purdue is a fun team to watch this season. They have tons of solid talent and are mostly younger wrestlers. They won't make much noise at NCAAs this year, but in 2 years or so, they could have 3ish AAs. Top 10 in two years I think is a reasonable target for them. 

They also have a pretty fun style to watch. 

#9 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

Purdue is a fun team to watch this season. They have tons of solid talent and are mostly younger wrestlers. They won't make much noise at NCAAs this year, but in 2 years or so, they could have 3ish AAs. Top 10 in two years I think is a reasonable target for them. 

They also have a pretty fun style to watch.

No quit in them, dual started with HWT. And PU back up hammered Fletcher Miller for Indiana. Then it was off to the races for The boilers 125 Welch pinned Oliver. I can really see a good coaches influence taking hold of the program. Lets hope the elite Indiana HS wrestlers take some notice.
  • Housebuye likes this

#10 matts1w

matts1w
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

I have more or less defended Coach Goldman on here, but this year has done me in. I remember after Oliver's freshman year thinking he was going to be Indiana's next truly solid 125.  Instead he has, like so many others, digressed.  I truly is time for a new coaching staff and overhaul.   

#11 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

I have more or less defended Coach Goldman on here, but this year has done me in. I remember after Oliver's freshman year thinking he was going to be Indiana's next truly solid 125.  Instead he has, like so many others, digressed.  I truly is time for a new coaching staff and overhaul.   

E mail The Indiana  president, McRobbie, if you would like a change.. He will respond and is very approachable. If you truly would like a change. I encourage all on here for the sake of a D1 and BIG wrestling program to do the same. Lets see if someone besides me sending messages will make a difference.

#12 matts1w

matts1w
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

E mail The Indiana  president, McRobbie, if you would like a change.. He will respond and is very approachable. If you truly would like a change. I encourage all on here for the sake of a D1 and BIG wrestling program to do the same. Lets see if someone besides me sending messages will make a difference.

Will do this weekend.

#13 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Will do this weekend

Thanks, and anyone else want to contribute, it would be very helpful to a D1 program and an elite University. I know  a lot of posters on here are thinking, why help a potential foe in the sport, but as a die hard wrestling fan, the competition in this sport is what makes it special. Not just one dominant team , but a lot of good programs to keep the wrestling world alive. Drop the president of Indiana University  McRobbie an e- mail, to get Indiana University back to respectability. Some one smarter than me could post his address. 

• tightwaist likes this

#14 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:34 PM

still trying to get the Indiana program on the right track, e- mail President McRobbie to place your opinion on the poorly run wrestling program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users