Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

What was wrong with OSU

I wouldn't blame Snyder-- he was coming off 30 hours of air travel.  But Martin and Moore really blew it. Moore didn't try for a takedown in the first and Martin gets turned at the end to give up a major. Of the entire OSU team, only McKenna really overperformed.

NATO was too aggressive early in the match against the NHSCA transfer. OH vs Utah

Pletcher isn't a bonus guy which he sometimes could be against a NHSCA transfer. PA vs PA

McKenna is a NHSCA transfer and isn't as aggressive as Lee. NJ vs IL

Hayes should've cut Retherford after the 2 td's. You don't want to get yourself in a reversal situation. Major instead of tech. PA

Micah needs to do more than catch and release. OH VS CO

Campbell is a NHSCA all star transfer, just isn't good enough. PA VS PA

Bo has not improved since a freshman. OH VS MN

Martin wasn't as good this day. NJ vs TX

Moore didn't know how to execute one move in a hostile gym with the match on the line. NJ vs OH

Snyder had a mortal day. MD vs CA.

The only difference I see is their recruiting is the same with exception Sanderson can pluck a few superstars nationally (IL, MN, TX, CA) while Ryan relies solely on OH, PA and NJ. That and tOSU can recruit but can't develop.

PSU wins nationals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NATO was too aggressive early in the match against the NHSCA transfer. OH vs Utah

Pletcher isn't a bonus guy which he sometimes could be against a NHSCA transfer. PA vs PA

McKenna is a NHSCA transfer and isn't as aggressive as Lee. NJ vs IL

Hayes should've cut Retherford after the 2 td's. You don't want to get yourself in a reversal situation. Major instead of tech. PA

Micah needs to do more than catch and release. OH VS CO

Campbell is a NHSCA all star transfer, just isn't good enough. PA VS PA

Bo has not improved since a freshman. OH VS MN

Martin wasn't as good this day. NJ vs TX

Moore didn't know how to execute one move in a hostile gym with the match on the line. NJ vs OH

Snyder had a mortal day. MD vs CA.

The only difference I see is their recruiting is the same with exception Sanderson can pluck a few superstars nationally (IL, MN, TX, CA) while Ryan relies solely on OH, PA and NJ. That and tOSU can recruit but can't develop.

PSU wins nationals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hayes, MO

The difference is another team with top flight wrestlers stood up to them, and then it comes down to the mental aspect of the game and PSU is stronger mentality because their approach, taught by Cael Sanderson, is stronger. 

How many times does it need sayin before everyone believes. Its all about bp's. 

And not even I believed last nite, until it was over and the same result happened. 

They got out coached!

I hate to say this because I like Tom Ryan and his staff, but this is the answer.

By the way, you could pick any one of several PSU guys as the hero, including Nevills who lost, but I was most impressed by Nickal (even more than Cassar). Nickal wrestled as perfectly as one can against Martin, whom I had winning this one based on what I perceived to be substantial improvement from last year. I really felt he had gained on Nickal, and now, I think the opposite may have happened. You could almost hear Martin's confidence deflate after he hit a perfect counter off of Nickal's bad shot only to get taken down himself. How he didn't secure that TD is beyond me, as he had Bo exactly where he wanted him. You couldn't have planned a better beginning for Martin given his historical dominance of upper body positions, and then Nickal somehow gets the 2, then keeps the TD battle low and scores on each subsequent attempt. The ending was just demoralizing. If Martin never beats Nickal again, I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

What was wrong with tOSU is that Cael is using advanced DNA testing to see which potential wrestlers have Neanderthal heritage in their lineage.

Some people having high Two percent or maybe up to fractions less than Four percent Neanderthal DNA. A very high percentage of Neanderthal DNA is supposed to be helpful in higher mountainous elevations for increased oxygen flow, or something like that.

If you look at Cael and see the heavy brow ridges and remember how he could go on and on and on in a match and the descriptions of his 'crazy strength' - you have a good reason to believe.

He checks these kids out with the DNA Testing and picks and chooses those with the highest percentage for Penn State.

Makes as much sense as any other - right? Surely it is the reason as we keep hearing from so many that he can't coach...

Martin lost to tactical, and one great scramble by Nickal. Most predictions had Nickal winning like that. Falling apart to the major was a surprise. Moore seems to be a different wrestler. He seems to be wrestling not to lose instead of going after. He is amazingly talented, I don't understand why he went that way.

Not buying the jet lag, he does run himself ragged but usually domestically it doesn't matter. He just had a dumb game plan. Has been wrestling different all year, no excuse, Bo Jordan is below the top two. Lee wrestled like a true freshman. Other then wrestling bad tactics, or not bringing their game the dual went as it did. I won't say officiating made a difference equal. Home field advantage probable helped.

Penn State rose to the occasion .Hats off to them. Will they be able to duplicate that effort in East Lansing at a neutral site. They have an excellent coaching staff.  They have 5 returning NCAA champs. They score a lot of bonus points. Ohio State is pretty good. Can they rise to the occasion. We will see in 4 weeks.