• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

I know he has years of greatness ahead of him.  Possibly/Probably the GOAT when he decides to leave the shoes on the mat.  What I appreciate about him on top of his greatness is how hard he works to keep a whole nation of folkstylers and freestylers happy.  We can always count on him.  Duderino freaking challenged the guy who many said is the greatest pound for pound and he pulled it off...on top of crowning us World Champs.  Flys out late to the Yarigyn so he can wrestle a back-up hawkeye, and then goes out and wins the tournament.  Flys back, puts on his folkstyle hat and leaves his heart and soul out there.  Fell short, but sheesh!  What a freakin man!  I've known a lot of truly amazing men in my lifetime, but this man sure makes me proud to be a wrestler, and an American.  Good stuff!!!!  Continued success sir!

• TheOhioState, headshuck, PANewbie and 14 others like this

#2 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

And he just turned 22. Barely a man. He's a national treasure. Even JB had and has his haters along his journey, but I've never met anyone who has said anything negative about Snyder. He is rightfully universally loved.

• AllISeeIsBronze likes this

#3 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

Love Kyle's heart. His wrestling is pretty good too.
  • denny and BobbyGribbs like this

#4 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 12:14 AM

Snyder is freaking awesome. Great ambassador, and like others aid he's only 22. 

• denny likes this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#5 KTG119

KTG119

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:15 AM

I was rooting for Penn St in this one. When Kyle and Nevills got in that semi leg pass kind of situation, part of me wanted them to stay there for as long as possible..... clock running helped PSU....bigger part of me was yelling at the ref to call the stalemate before we ended up with another unfortunate Nolf like injury. DO NOT want to see Kyle injured, both as an NCAA fan and because, you know USA USA USA!!!

• xander likes this

#6 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:18 AM

I was rooting for Penn St in this one. When Kyle and Nevills got in that semi leg pass kind of situation, part of me wanted them to stay there for as long as possible..... clock running helped PSU....bigger part of me was yelling at the ref to call the stalemate before we ended up with another unfortunate Nolf like injury. DO NOT want to see Kyle injured, both as an NCAA fan and because, you know USA USA USA!!!

agreed on that stalemate. Ryan wasn’t screaming for it and the ref was just standing there going La De Da.
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#7 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,514 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

I could not believe how long he allowed that position with 2 Hwts. Super glad nothing happened to Snyder. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#8 denger

denger

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

agreed on that stalemate. Ryan wasn’t screaming for it and the ref was just standing there going La De Da.

Did they stop that for potentially dangerous, or was that just something the announcer said?

If it was called PD, then I'd like to know what the ref saw that changed it to PD. Like with Nolf, the situation changed a couple seconds before it was called and therefore could have been called before that injury occurred. 

#9 bp2xbw

bp2xbw
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:08 AM

hate the leg pass. It's a good counter but it usually results in a stale mate and favors a non-aggressive  scrambler.

#10 Peso

Peso

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

I agree, in fact about the time scrambling appeared is when stalling disappeared as far as the calls by the officials.  The leg pass position was certainly one of the first.  Universal scrambling positions.  Personally, I feel it has allowed a freedom of techniques to flourish and develop that we would never have seen otherwise.  After realizing all of the strategy and scoring maneuvers on the edge of the mat will disappear, I'm in favor of a push-out rule over watching guys find the gym floor with their toes.  I believe this newfound wrinkle to defense, will either require mat space added somehow, or a way for a guy to tap out and go back to the middle has been developed. 

We currently have World Champions in all age groups who wrestle both folkstyle and freestyle or pardon me wrestled folkstyle in their college years.  I would like to hear comments from JB, and Kyle, and DT and Gwiz, etc. on how they appreciate or despise the push-out rule.  They obviously use it at the highest levels.

Edited by Peso, 06 February 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#11 airmail

airmail

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:11 PM

Good post, agreed, he is the ultimate competitor.  Aside from JB, he and Sadulaev are my 2 favorite international guys. 

#12 Aviator12

Aviator12

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:50 AM

European, World and Olympic champ Ahu Akgal fromTurkey will be training with Kyle at the Ohio RTC for the month of February Kyle just announced on Twitter. That’s one way to get ready for the much heavier Neville’s and Coons of the world in the future. Kyle doing work. Tervel has been invaluable with Kyle as well but I’m sure has scaled much further back now being a full time coach and not competing.

#13 Fletcher

Fletcher

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:56 AM

Needs work on his lateral drop.

#14 treep2000

treep2000

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

Everyone on this board agrees and has argued that Steel Sharpens Steel.  I saw another post that indicated that having Akgul at the ORTC won't matter in his prep for Coon or the big guys at NCAA's.  I call B@#$#@#%.  

Having the ability to train with him, Petriashivili, Gwiz, or any other freestyle HWT medalist is only going to make Snyder better tomorrow than yesterday. 

To believe otherwise is foolish.  

#15 Aviator12

Aviator12

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:22 AM

How could it not matter?

#16 tec87

tec87

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

Everyone on this board agrees and has argued that Steel Sharpens Steel. I saw another post that indicated that having Akgul at the ORTC won't matter in his prep for Coon or the big guys at NCAA's. I call B@#$#@#%.

Having the ability to train with him, Petriashivili, Gwiz, or any other freestyle HWT medalist is only going to make Snyder better tomorrow than yesterday.

To believe otherwise is foolish.

they didn’t say it wouldn’t matter, they said him coming to train there had nothing to do with Coon. That’s all. Of course working with Akgul is going to be beneficial.
FIRE UP CHIPS!!!!

#17 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:41 AM

Akgul has world class transitions from takedowns right into beautiful leg laces and also gut wrenches.

#18 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:15 AM

Notice that KS went Reza Yazdani on Nevills with that snatch single. Proud of ol' young KS for using that technique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users