Sign in to follow this  
2td3nf

World Cup - Iowa City

April 7-8. Should be a fun tournament. Also saw on BTN that Dan Gable, Mike Duroe and J Rob were named honorary coaches. That's cool.

Guessing Team USA's lineup will pretty much be last year's World team?

57 Gilman

61 Stieber

65 Zain

70 Green

74 JB

79 Dake?

86 Taylor?

92 J'den?

97 Kyle

125 Gwiz

With some subs and alternates?

April 7-8. Should be a fun tournament. Also saw on BTN that Dan Gable, Mike Duroe and J Rob were named honorary coaches. That's cool.

Guessing Team USA's lineup will pretty much be last year's World team?

57 Gilman

61 Stieber

65 Zain

70 Green

74 JB

79 Dake?

86 Taylor?

92 J'den?

97 Kyle

125 Gwiz

With some subs and alternates?

Stieber is not at 61 kg anymore so he will not be there.  I would guess Maple, Ramos or Graff at 61kg.  The other guesses are all good provided that they are healthy at the time.  

Thanks lu, and not that it's any of my business but sort of glad to hear that Stieber's not cutting to 61 anymore. Thought he looked weak, overpowered and outfueled in Paris. Thought he looked world class in 2015/2016 up at 65kg.

57 Gilman, 61 maybe Ramos (megaludis), 65 Stiber/molinaro 70 Green/Nolf, 74 JB/martinez, 79 Dake, 86 Taylor 100%, 92 Cox 100%, 97 Snyder 125 Gwizz

My assumption

Russia: 57 Azamat Tuskaev/Donduk-ool Khuresh-ool.

61: Bogomoev/Musukaev.

65: Nachyn Kuular/Ramonov.

70: Ramonov/Kadimagomedov/Gazimagomedov.

74:Tsabolov/Khubezthy/Sidakov.

79:Radik Valiev/Alan Zaseev/Geduev.

86: Naifonov/Kurugliev/Musalaliev.

92: Sadulaev (i hope)/Urishev/Belonovskiy.

97: Sadulaev/Magomedov/Baytsaev. 

125: Kushkhov/Khizriev/Tsyzhipov.

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

I imagine Imar or V. Joseph as an alternate at 74kg depending on who wins NCAA's or can commit.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Hall and Zahid in the mix as backups as well.  

I think I'll go out for this one.    I can catch some great wrestling on the weekend and visit friends while I'm in the area.  I'd love to see USA send a team like above comprised of #1's.    

Abdullah:  how strong is that Russian team?  Can they keep it close with USA?  

I think I'll go out for this one.    I can catch some great wrestling on the weekend and visit friends while I'm in the area.  I'd love to see USA send a team like above comprised of #1's.    

Abdullah:  how strong is that Russian team?  Can they keep it close with USA?  

Can. We saw how #4 Russia was beaten by #1 USA team by criteria at world cup 2015. 

Iowa City?

They are working hard at trying to out-do Yarygin as an "out of the way" location.

Iowa City is probably easier to get to than most places out in the eastern bloc.

Think of how cool the atmosphere would be if the iranains show up like they usually do. Throw in some hawkeye fanatics and you got yourself a crowd.

Iowa City is probably easier to get to than most places out in the eastern bloc.

Think of how cool the atmosphere would be if the iranains show up like they usually do. Throw in some hawkeye fanatics and you got yourself a crowd.

two twoo twoodoo Iran! it will be impressive! Iowa fans and Iranians! they make "big drama show" if Iran face USA in the final 

I have been thinking about it, and I doubt we see Zain at the World Cup. The reason I feel this way is that the NCAA's finish on the 17th of March. So that is like about 3 weeks shy of the World Cup. Afterwards, I think he will need like at least a week of recovery. So that leaves him just 2 weeks to get his weight down and get his body used to it. So unless there is a 2 kilo allowance or something, I think it'll be kind of a stretch for him to make 65, and be ready to go. I think we will see Logiebear at 65 for the Cup.

61, is still mystery, maybe TRam, idk.

Edited by de4856

It'll be in IC so I think that increases the odds we see guys like Gilman

This guys is a genius...   They are announcing one name a day:

57kg - Gilman

61kg - Maple

Pretty excited to see Maple at 61kg, if he can handle the cut he'll be a monster sizewise. 

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/March/06/Kendric-Maple-named-to-USA-World-Cup-Team

It'll be in IC so I think that increases the odds we see guys like Gilman, Clark, Brooks and maybe Spencer Lee there.  We usually have a bunch of backups for WC no?

yes, that's in the release: 

"USA Wrestling will announce one World Cup participant in each of the 10 weight classes each day through March 14. In addition to these 10 athletes, additional athletes will be added to the team roster, with at least two wrestlers in each weight class."

yes, that's in the release: 

"USA Wrestling will announce one World Cup participant in each of the 10 weight classes each day through March 14. In addition to these 10 athletes, additional athletes will be added to the team roster, with at least two wrestlers in each weight class."

very interesting who will be at 65 and 70 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin