• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

April 7-8. Should be a fun tournament. Also saw on BTN that Dan Gable, Mike Duroe and J Rob were named honorary coaches. That's cool.

Guessing Team USA's lineup will pretty much be last year's World team?

57 Gilman
61 Stieber
65 Zain
70 Green
74 JB
79 Dake?
86 Taylor?
92 J'den?
97 Kyle
125 Gwiz

With some subs and alternates?

#2 lu1979

lu1979

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:49 PM

April 7-8. Should be a fun tournament. Also saw on BTN that Dan Gable, Mike Duroe and J Rob were named honorary coaches. That's cool.

Guessing Team USA's lineup will pretty much be last year's World team?

57 Gilman
61 Stieber
65 Zain
70 Green
74 JB
79 Dake?
86 Taylor?
92 J'den?
97 Kyle
125 Gwiz

With some subs and alternates?

Stieber is not at 61 kg anymore so he will not be there.  I would guess Maple, Ramos or Graff at 61kg.  The other guesses are all good provided that they are healthy at the time.  

• 2td3nf and Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin like this

#3 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

Thanks lu, and not that it's any of my business but sort of glad to hear that Stieber's not cutting to 61 anymore. Thought he looked weak, overpowered and outfueled in Paris. Thought he looked world class in 2015/2016 up at 65kg.

#4 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

57 Gilman, 61 maybe Ramos (megaludis), 65 Stiber/molinaro 70 Green/Nolf, 74 JB/martinez, 79 Dake, 86 Taylor 100%, 92 Cox 100%, 97 Snyder 125 Gwizz

My assumption

Russia: 57 Azamat Tuskaev/Donduk-ool Khuresh-ool.

61: Bogomoev/Musukaev.

65: Nachyn Kuular/Ramonov.

70: Ramonov/Kadimagomedov/Gazimagomedov.

74:Tsabolov/Khubezthy/Sidakov.

79:Radik Valiev/Alan Zaseev/Geduev.

86: Naifonov/Kurugliev/Musalaliev.

92: Sadulaev (i hope)/Urishev/Belonovskiy.

97: Sadulaev/Magomedov/Baytsaev. 

125: Kushkhov/Khizriev/Tsyzhipov.

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin, 05 February 2018 - 04:36 PM.

• 2td3nf likes this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#5 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:05 PM

If Stieber or Maple aren't able to go, I think that we may see Cory Clark at 61.

#6 rpm002

rpm002

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:55 AM

If Stieber or Maple aren't able to go, I think that we may see Cory Clark at 61.

It is possible, but I don't see why they would pick Clark over Ramos.

#7 LJB

LJB

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

NM... world cup... not worlds

Edited by LJB, 06 February 2018 - 07:41 AM.

#8 Glane18

Glane18

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

I imagine Imar or V. Joseph as an alternate at 74kg depending on who wins NCAA's or can commit.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Mark Hall and Zahid in the mix as backups as well.  

#9 Ogalthorpe Haywood

Ogalthorpe Haywood

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

We'll see if Cox shows up

#10 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:56 AM

I think I'll go out for this one.    I can catch some great wrestling on the weekend and visit friends while I'm in the area.  I'd love to see USA send a team like above comprised of #1's.    

Abdullah:  how strong is that Russian team?  Can they keep it close with USA?  

#11 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:24 AM

I think I'll go out for this one.    I can catch some great wrestling on the weekend and visit friends while I'm in the area.  I'd love to see USA send a team like above comprised of #1's.    

Abdullah:  how strong is that Russian team?  Can they keep it close with USA?  

Can. We saw how #4 Russia was beaten by #1 USA team by criteria at world cup 2015. 

• Cletus_Tucker likes this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#12 DuckFor2

DuckFor2

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:26 AM

what is Bolt's status? is he done? broken from too many steroids perhaps.

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#13 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:11 AM

Iowa City?

They are working hard at trying to out-do Yarygin as an "out of the way" location.

#14 T-nigs23

T-nigs23

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:26 AM

Iowa City?

They are working hard at trying to out-do Yarygin as an "out of the way" location.

Iowa City is probably easier to get to than most places out in the eastern bloc.

Think of how cool the atmosphere would be if the iranains show up like they usually do. Throw in some hawkeye fanatics and you got yourself a crowd.

#15 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

desperately need new blood at 61KG.  

• Coach_J likes this

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#16 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

Iowa City is probably easier to get to than most places out in the eastern bloc.

Think of how cool the atmosphere would be if the iranains show up like they usually do. Throw in some hawkeye fanatics and you got yourself a crowd.

two twoo twoodoo Iran! it will be impressive! Iowa fans and Iranians! they make "big drama show" if Iran face USA in the final 

• Alwayswrestling likes this

#17 T-nigs23

T-nigs23

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:08 PM

two twoo twoodoo Iran! it will be impressive! Iowa fans and Iranians! they make "big drama show" if Iran face USA in the final

Exactly my vodka friend. It will be an epic drama show!

#18 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:56 AM

Exactly my vodka friend. It will be an epic drama show!

i am not Russia lol and i dont drink alcohol never :) 

• cjc007 likes this

#19 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:55 PM

I have been thinking about it, and I doubt we see Zain at the World Cup. The reason I feel this way is that the NCAA's finish on the 17th of March. So that is like about 3 weeks shy of the World Cup. Afterwards, I think he will need like at least a week of recovery. So that leaves him just 2 weeks to get his weight down and get his body used to it. So unless there is a 2 kilo allowance or something, I think it'll be kind of a stretch for him to make 65, and be ready to go. I think we will see Logiebear at 65 for the Cup.
61, is still mystery, maybe TRam, idk.

Edited by de4856, 07 March 2018 - 04:30 AM.

#20 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

It'll be in IC so I think that increases the odds we see guys like Gilman, Clark, Brooks and maybe Spencer Lee there.  We usually have a bunch of backups for WC no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users