Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

It'll be in IC so I think that increases the odds we see guys like Gilman

This guys is a genius...   They are announcing one name a day:

57kg - Gilman

61kg - Maple

Pretty excited to see Maple at 61kg, if he can handle the cut he'll be a monster sizewise. 

https://www.teamusa....-World-Cup-Team

#22 Gantry

Gantry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,475 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 07:46 AM

This guys is a genius...  

OOOOOF, maybe not

• Billyhoyle likes this

#23 rpm002

rpm002

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:52 AM

It'll be in IC so I think that increases the odds we see guys like Gilman, Clark, Brooks and maybe Spencer Lee there.  We usually have a bunch of backups for WC no?

yes, that's in the release: 

"USA Wrestling will announce one World Cup participant in each of the 10 weight classes each day through March 14. In addition to these 10 athletes, additional athletes will be added to the team roster, with at least two wrestlers in each weight class."

• Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin likes this

#24 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:29 AM

why not Ramos? he is Iowa! 

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#25 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

yes, that's in the release: 

"USA Wrestling will announce one World Cup participant in each of the 10 weight classes each day through March 14. In addition to these 10 athletes, additional athletes will be added to the team roster, with at least two wrestlers in each weight class."

very interesting who will be at 65 and 70 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin, 06 March 2018 - 11:35 AM.

The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#26 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

So, the remaining line up?
65 Zain or Logiebear?
70 Green
74 JB
79 Dake
86 DT
92 Cox or Heflin ?
97 SnyderMan
125 Gwiz
I think if we get this line up and they are healthy, I like our chances.

#27 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 06:42 PM

why not Ramos? he is Iowa! 

Ramos has no chance.  He can't beat his former teammate.  And he was destroyed in a recent tournament.  

#28 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,016 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

Ringer at 174?

#29 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:32 AM

Logan at 65 

#30 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:24 PM

Logan at 65

Yes, and I have no clue on Logan's true weight and weight cut, etc, and I could be wrong, but he sure looks healthier up at 65kg.

Side note - wonder if Zain will be the other at 65kg for the Cup? Or does he peak for NCAA finals and rest until the World Championship stuff?

#31 2td3nf

2td3nf

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

Ok, Takahashi is making the trip with Japan's World Cup team.

https://www.teamusa....ineup-announced

Japan is in USA's pool so looks like we'll see the rematch between World finalists Takahashi and Gilman, on Gilman's home turf no less. 

Edited by 2td3nf, 20 March 2018 - 11:17 AM.

• Housebuye likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users