Sign in to follow this  
OtisCampbell

Push out rule

I was totally against this at one point but I almost think they have to at this point. Refs refuse to call stalling or fleeing and with mats the size of Minnesota or Iowa there is really no reason you should be going out of bounds. There are so many guys who's first action is to back straight up to the edge and use it as their main strategy. This gives this guy the whole mat to finish and the aggressors about 5 feet. Make everyone get mats the size of Iowa and Minnesota and these duals and tournaments you could cut about 25% off the time these things last too.

I was totally against this at one point but I almost think they have to at this point. Refs refuse to call stalling or fleeing and with mats the size of Minnesota or Iowa there is really no reason you should be going out of bounds. There are so many guys who's first action is to back straight up to the edge and use it as their main strategy. This gives this guy the whole mat to finish and the aggressors about 5 feet. Make everyone get mats the size of Iowa and Minnesota and these duals and tournaments you could cut about 25% off the time these things last too.

The only thing is, right now top man is just as guilty of it as anyone else. Bottom guy gets up and is about to get freed so Top runs him oob. Should be stalling. So what I would fear is how to stop that if you have a push out rule. Guy on bottom would never get up or he'd get pushed out for a point.

Not sure how you handle mat wrestling. But I agree I hate that as well.

Simple, push out rule would only apply to neutral wrestling. You would then have to tweak the stalling rule to: whomever creates the momentum to go out of bounds, meaning the top or bottom wrestler, if they are both on their feet, AUTOMATICALLY HAS TO get called for stalling. You run out of bounds you get dinged, you push him out of bounds you get dinged. It really isn't that hard. If they could determine in replay that Bradley threw Gelogaev off the platform and dinged him for unsportsmanlike they could handle a rule like this quite easily. Not saying it will happen but it sure seems like a simple way to stop the wrestlers from going OB.

Not sure how you handle mat wrestling. But I agree I hate that as well.

Simple, push out rule would only apply to neutral wrestling. You would then have to tweak the stalling rule to: whomever creates the momentum to go out of bounds, meaning the top or bottom wrestler, if they are both on their feet, AUTOMATICALLY HAS TO get called for stalling. You run out of bounds you get dinged, you push him out of bounds you get dinged. It really isn't that hard. If they could determine in replay that Bradley threw Gelogaev off the platform and dinged him for unsportsmanlike they could handle a rule like this quite easily. Not saying it will happen but it sure seems like a simple way to stop the wrestlers from going OB.

Regardless if there is a pushout rule or not, I think they do need to be forced to call stalling in those situations. I think it was Perry tonight who was top and pulling on Storley. You could clearly see Storley fighting to get back in bounds and Perry just kept dragging him out.

Not picking on him, just the latest example.