• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#201 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:06 AM

...watched part of the PennState "presser" following the Iowa dual- - -Cael Sanderson, being a great coach and a great wrestler, doesn't understand how to be interviewed without being condescending  and mildly rude. I have seen him "come across" this way in other interviews- as if he is being bothered.  If he is nervous/uncomfortable being interviewed, that is a factor that, with practice, can be overcome. If that is who/what he is, he probably is a prick and a cheap tipper in a restaurant, also.

If someone is doing their job, and the results of that job will benefit your program, you, and your line of work- be a professional...

Consider the culture Cael Sanderson grew up in. Mormon culture of "we're right and everyone else in the world is wrong" and "we are persecuted because we, and only we - have the truth".

You are seeing Cael display the attitude of church leadership. It is a learned behavior and one that you see in his culture - Utah Mormons. There it is often referred to as the "Brother Humble" syndrome. They grow up seeing it in church leadership and it carries over big time to business and personal relationships. The higher up you go the more it tends to show. Some overcome it, most in that society do not.

No matter what, the guy can coach wrestling.

#202 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:29 AM

If God exists someone will post an image of that Farrah Fawcett swimsuit poster here. I am confident God exists.

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#203 steamboat_charlie

steamboat_charlie

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:39 AM

...watched part of the PennState "presser" following the Iowa dual- - -Cael Sanderson, being a great coach and a great wrestler, doesn't understand how to be interviewed without being condescending  and mildly rude. I have seen him "come across" this way in other interviews- as if he is being bothered.  If he is nervous/uncomfortable being interviewed, that is a factor that, with practice, can be overcome. If that is who/what he is, he probably is a prick and a cheap tipper in a restaurant, also.

If someone is doing their job, and the results of that job will benefit your program, you, and your line of work- be a professional...

Something he shares in common with Nick Saban, Greg Popovich, Bill Belichick,.. except those guys will be downright rude and insult reporters openly.  Cael just seems disinterested.  The guy doesn't love the media thing, who cares.  He's not unprofessional.  

• cornercoach likes this

#204 gromit

gromit

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:40 AM

ask and ye shall receive  Matthew 7:7–8

637992787_o.jpg

• TBar1977 likes this

anarchy in the UK

twitter @GromitK9

#205 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

ask and ye shall receive Matthew 7:7–8
637992787_o.jpg

I knew there was a God!
  • gromit likes this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#206 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,885 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

If God exists someone will post an image of that Farrah Fawcett swimsuit poster here. I am confident God exists.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAieAAAAJDQ4ZTcwYjA3LTZkMzMt

#207 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

Dunno about all that disinterested/condescending/church stuff about Cael. He's likely just an introvert. 

Jason Nolf tends to skew on the introverted end of the spectrum too, although he's opened up a bit over the past couple of years. Same with guys like Cory Clark, Ed Ruth, Matt McDonough, DSJ, maybe even John Smith - I guess it's not surprising to find a lot of introverted people in an individual sport like wrestling. It doesn't mean they're rude or bad with teams or the media, it's just their personality.

• Medicine_Man likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users