treep2000

tOSU at Michigan - Prediction Thread

Why not.  tOSU underperformed vs. PSU, and narrowly lost (without Nolf, mind you).  tOSU and Meechigan is going to be a good one too!  Here's how I see it shaking out:

125:  NaTo md. Mattin:  4-0 tOSU

133:  Micic dec. Pletcher:  4-3 tOSU

I see Micic exacting revenge on Pletcher.  Pletcher comes back to "earth" so to speak, and is handed his first loss of the season.

141:  McKenna dec. Profaci:  7-3 tOSU

149:  Hayes dec. Amine:  10-3 tOSU

157:  Jordan dec. Pantaleo:  13-3 tOSU

I see Jordan flipping the script here on Pantaleo.  It's a super close match, but Jordan figures out how to horse a TD in each period, and wins 7-5 or something.

165:  Massa dec. Campbell:  13-6 tOSU.

Massa has been looking not himself.  Campbell has been looking horrible.  When two guys in slumps meet up, one guy's slump ends, and it's Massa's.

174:  Jordan dec. Amine:  16-6 tOSU

184:  MyMar dec. Abounader:  19-6 tOSU

197:  Moore dec. Beazely:  22-6 tOSU

Moore rebounds.  Snyder beats the crap outta him in practice and instills the fact that Moore is still very very good, and he needs to get this "woe is me" crap out of his head.

HWT:  Snyder dec. Coon:  25-6 tOSU

Snyder plays this match ultra-conservatively, and decisions Coon.  After the Nevills showing, he's realizing "Crap... Coon is large", and decides to play it safe.  Snyder is never in any danger per se, doesn't do anything silly, and has a simple, dominating decision.

Thoughts?

Theoretically tOSU could run the table

133, 157 and 165 are all winnable matches for Michigan, but none are mismatches (unless Massa is back to his old form). Michigan could lose all of them.

They have almost no chance in any other weight class, but 7-3 isn’t a bad loss against such a good team

Why not. tOSU underperformed vs. PSU, and narrowly lost (without Nolf, mind you). tOSU and Meechigan is going to be a good one too! Here's how I see it shaking out:

125: NaTo md. Mattin: 4-0 tOSU

133: Micic dec. Pletcher: 4-3 tOSU

I see Micic exacting revenge on Pletcher. Pletcher comes back to "earth" so to speak, and is handed his first loss of the season.

141: McKenna dec. Profaci: 7-3 tOSU

149: Hayes dec. Amine: 10-3 tOSU

157: Jordan dec. Pantaleo: 13-3 tOSU

I see Jordan flipping the script here on Pantaleo. It's a super close match, but Jordan figures out how to horse a TD in each period, and wins 7-5 or something.

165: Massa dec. Campbell: 13-6 tOSU.

Massa has been looking not himself. Campbell has been looking horrible. When two guys in slumps meet up, one guy's slump ends, and it's Massa's.

174: Jordan dec. Amine: 16-6 tOSU

184: MyMar dec. Abounader: 19-6 tOSU

197: Moore dec. Beazely: 22-6 tOSU

Moore rebounds. Snyder beats the crap outta him in practice and instills the fact that Moore is still very very good, and he needs to get this "woe is me" crap out of his head.

HWT: Snyder dec. Coon: 25-6 tOSU

Snyder plays this match ultra-conservatively, and decisions Coon. After the Nevills showing, he's realizing "Crap... Coon is large", and decides to play it safe. Snyder is never in any danger per se, doesn't do anything silly, and has a simple, dominating decision.

Thoughts?

Both teams win the matches they are supposed to win. Snyder doesn't wrestle conservatively, he just wrestle his style..... 3 or 4 TD's to none, 8-5 or 6-4. Score seems close, match isn't. He will do the same when they meet in the finals.

My list is in order of least to most compelling matches. 

10. 141 Profaci seems like he's up for anything, but McKenna is in a different class. Two things that will make this match more interesting: Profaci making a meaningful challenge. Mckenna outscoring him by more than 10. 4-0 Buckeyes

9. 149  I'd like to see Hayes show some dominance. I hope he opens it up a bit without getting DeLuca'd. 8-0 Buckeyes

8. 125  All Ohio match, and I like the attitude of Mattin. This match is otherwise the most predictable. 13-0 Buckeyes

7. 165  I'll bet on Massa, but he hasn't looked like a contender this season. Also, I see some serious potential in Campbell, even though we have yet to see him exceed expectations. 13-3 Buckeyes

6. 197 I think Moore is seeking redemption more than rebound. I certainly underestimated Cassar, but Moore looked very average in that match. Also, I've been critical of Moore's constant action - as if it were wasteful, but I'd much rather see that action than see him caught standing still again. 16-3 Buckeyes

5. 174  I believe in BoJo, and I think he'll get challenged but stay composed and in control. 19-3 Buckeyes

4. 184 MyMar is coming off a tough loss. I hope he rebounds and dominates, but Abounader has his own plans. I liked how DA looked against Nickal a few weeks ago, and he's had a pretty dominant last couple of months against anyone not named Bo or Myles. 21-3 Buckeyes

3. 157 I'd like to believe that Jordan can "horse a TD" against Pantaleo, but his weakness appears to be explosive athleticism (Pantaleo). 21-6 Buckeyes

2. 133 Some are speculating that Pletcher sits this one. I hope that's not true. I'd like to see a different theory proven: that Pletcher wrestles the same kind of match against every opponent. I don't think it would hurt him to lose this one, either. 21-9 Buckeyes

1. 285 Not because of uncertainty, but because these guys are both easy to love!  24-9 Buckeyes

I think the Buckeyes are likely to lose 165 and 157. 133 is a tossup. They could conceivably lose 184, 174, 197 (in that order of likelihood), any of which would make this dual very interesting. 

I think it will be 19-12. UM wins 133, 165, and I am calling the upsets at 157 Pantaleo over Jodan and 184 Abounader over Martin. Ohio bonuses at 125 only.

Panteleo isn’t really an upset. He beat Micah 10-3, 2 months ago.

Why are you picking Abounader? Recent performance? Myles dominated that match earlier this season

This match is being broadcast on ESPN2.

If either coach sits anyone not legitimately injured their university should be fined unreasonably harsh. (I'm looking at you Tom Ryan)

As a Michigan fan, this is going to be a long match.

125: Best a case for Mattin is match starts here and NaTo has a hard cut. 5-0 tOSU

133: Micic evens the season series. 5 - 3 tOSU

141: McKenna is just too much for Profacia. Keeping this to a regular decision will be a victory 8 - 3 tOSU

149: Amine is going to go down fighting in a match that is much closer than expected 11 - 3 tOSU

157: Pantaleo will get the major he barely missed in Vegas 11 - 7 tOSU

165: Massa is back. Another major for the good guys 11 - 11 tied.

174: Myles is so close to breaking into the upper level just not yet 14 - 11 tOSU

184: Abounader with the upset. Mat wrestling will be the difference. 14 - 14 tied

197: Beazley is a mystery seems uninterested one match, on fire the next 17 - 14 tOSU

285: Coon is going to push Snyder to his limits. Officiating will be key. If the official let's Coon wrestle his match, this could go to OT. Either way Snyder prevails 20 - 14 tOSU

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Edited by squeek

285: Coon is going to push Snyder to his limits. Officiating will be key. If the official let's Coon wrestle his match, this could go to OT. Either way Snyder prevails 20 - 14 tOSU

I'm a fan of both of these guys and looking forward to this match.

What do you mean about the official letting Coon wrestle his match? 

I think the only chance Coon has is to push Snyder around and score stalling points, but I doubt he can do that without Snyder sweeping a single-leg out from under him. 

I'm not bashing Coon - it's just that he's going to be wrestling Kyle Snyder.

I'm a fan of both of these guys and looking forward to this match.

What do you mean about the official letting Coon wrestle his match? 

I think the only chance Coon has is to push Snyder around and score stalling points, but I doubt he can do that without Snyder sweeping a single-leg out from under him. 

I'm not bashing Coon - it's just that he's going to be wrestling Kyle Snyder.

And... Kyle Snyder isn't going to have the same environment/pressure/jet lag/circumstance(s)/ situation either.

And... Kyle Snyder isn't going to have the same environment/pressure/jet lag/circumstance(s)/ situation either.

Well, if Zain wins by TF or FALL tonite, Snyder may want to match that to stay in the Hodge running. Wait a minute, he doesn't care about the Hodge. Forget I said this. 

If Coon decides to use the beef and push Snyder around the mat he will find himself on the receiving end of a takedown clinic. Snyder is much faster and just as strong even with the size difference.

If anyone can challenge Snyder this year it will be Coon but he has not shown either the speed or the moves to best him. Trying strength won't work either. His only chance is to tie up and lay on Snyder and pray jet lag is still there while hoping the refs don't call him for stalling.

My bet is it will be a worse beating than McIntosh put on him a few years ago before he went to Penn State.

Anyone got the scoop on why this is on ESPN instead of Flo/BTN? So much for the “ESPN doesn’t want wrestling” argument used by Flo apologists.

It's cross-listed on the BTN2go site. Similar to the BTN main broadcast schedule, it would require you to sign in with your cable provider. 

I take this to mean that BTN still has rights to it, but it has made the event available to a broader audience through ESPN2.