DF

Truly sad how wrestling accomplishments mean next to nothing in the real world (wore my state championship belt on a date)

Had a date off Tinder tonight.  Just a coffee date to get to know each other better.  When I won state they gave the champs a championship belt along with our medal.  It looks like a regular belt but with an oversized gold buckle that prominently shows championship status. 

It's the first thing she noticed when I showed up to the coffee shop.  She even asked what it was which gave me an opportunity to regale her with play-by-play summaries of each match leading up to the finals.  She seemed like she couldn't care less and when I was done telling her about the self-slam that won it all, her only response was "It's kind of weird you're still wearing that around".  No second date. 

This isn't the first time somebody's been completely unimpressed with feats of wrestling glory.  It's only us wrestlers who care, brahs.

That sounds like a killer belt. Still fits?

I spoke to the lady. She was actually very impressed with the belt and the story. It was the belt extender/expanded waistline that turned her off.

https://www.wmbrownholster.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16

FBBE-450w.jpg

Edited by BigTenFanboy

You would have had a second date for sure if you would have just mentioned Jadidi's 2 points off a leg lace back in 96. I couldn't stand my wife before we were married, she didn't like me either. But one day I walked past her at a bar(I was hoping she wouldn't notice me) and she was up in arms about Jadidi not getting 2...we got married that weekend.

Had a date off Tinder tonight.  Just a coffee date to get to know each other better.  When I won state they gave the champs a championship belt along with our medal.  It looks like a regular belt but with an oversized gold buckle that prominently shows championship status. 

It's the first thing she noticed when I showed up to the coffee shop.  She even asked what it was which gave me an opportunity to regale her with play-by-play summaries of each match leading up to the finals.  She seemed like she couldn't care less and when I was done telling her about the self-slam that won it all, her only response was "It's kind of weird you're still wearing that around".  No second date. 

This isn't the first time somebody's been completely unimpressed with feats of wrestling glory.  It's only us wrestlers who care, brahs.

They aren't impressed when you wear your 80's letterman's jacket either....not that I would know or anything. 

DF- If you wore the belt on your waist, you're a complete toolbag and she should have thrown hot coffee in your face. If you would have worn it over your shoulder like a true champ, her panties would have been stuffed in your mouth as soon as she saw you. C'mon man, I thought you were smarter than that!