Sign in to follow this  
mattchristensen112

Rasheed or Cassar?

I was Team Rasheed after the Scuffle but Cassar forced me to rethink it after beating Moore. I mean cmon that was awesome.

But after Wilcke I’m back to Team Rasheed. What I like is he showed he could beat a top 8 guy and he didn’t need his cradle to do it. He came out strong with a couple takedowns, and finished strong with 2 more when he wanted the major, all on a night his cradle wasn’t working.

Hard not to be a fan of Cassar, but Rasheed has shown he can beat top guys too with a greater likelihood of bonus, won the wrestle off and outplaced Cassar at Scuffle. I think he is your man.

Rasheed didn't looked tired? Was fine. Got double last 10 seconds.

He was dominating in the beginning then things leveled off. I remember when he was cutting weight he would die out there. Thought he looked tired P 2 - P 3 but he did turn it on again towards the end.

Regardless, it’s going to be a tough call for Sanderson & staff.

Rasheed... Minus celebration shoulder gyrations. But it comes down to who can complete the grind without getting dinged. Going 0-2 at NCAA's because you are wrestling on a stump is still 0...Man I'm changing my mind as I'm writing this. The whole getting hurt in the wrestle off thing makes it risky a choice as he has went down in 2 high level matches this year. (1 match/1 wrestle off)

I think Cassar is the safer bet to get quality points, but Rasheed has the higher point ceiling. If you look at Cassar's body of work he has 2 L's. The first one in November I totally discount because something was obviously wrong with him that day. Maybe weight cut or hydration went wrong. The 2nd loss at Scuffle was a weird loss. 

I think Rasheed gets you a lot of points so long as he doesn't get upset, and I think he is probably the more likely to get upset. When he wins he probably scores a lot of points from cradle. 

Rasheed is just better. Cassar is game too but how do you watch Rasheed and say he's not the guy? Everyone knows what he's going to do and he still does it. When he bulks up over the summer, I have him winning NCAAs next year. I think he's that good.

Rasheed looks better against worse competition but Cassar has the win over Moore. It's not an easy decision.

Rasheed is just better. Cassar is game too but how do you watch Rasheed and say he's not the guy? Everyone knows what he's going to do and he still does it. When he bulks up over the summer, I have him winning NCAAs next year. I think he's that good.

Because I think there is a type of wrestler that Cassar can beat and Rasheed might struggle with. I say might. I think a very defensive wrestler might be able to hold Rasheed at bay, but Cassar is very good shooting from a distance and he can break thru most defense. 

Hard decision. 

The question is do you want someone who plods his way to the finals or pins his way to 3rd or 4th but gets figured out by that 1 or even 2 guys?

Exactly how I feel. The Cassar case is he could be a national champ. What's the probability of that? The 2Pac case is no matter where he places, he is going to CONTRIBUTE, all caps intended.