Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Nolf Update

Watching what Cael did with Suriano last year I'm confident he will do what is in the best interest of the long term health of his wrestler - even if it costs the team points.

He gave every opportunity for Suriano to wrestle at the big tournament and took the hit without complaint. Rather than risk more injury he gave up the points. We see Suriano doing well this year. Had he been pushed to go out and wrestle while injured he might not have had a career left.

Do know some coaches who will push a kid even if it can do permanent harm long term.

Hope Nolf makes it back in time, healthy and ready to roll.

IMO the NCAA should not allow wrestlers the option of sitting out  the qualifier and then accepting a wildcard into the NCAA tournament.  Injuries are part of the sport and if a wrestler is not healthy enough to compete in the qualifier they should in no way be given a wildcard.  What happened last season with Surriano is unacceptable and only prevented another wrestler the opportunity to attend the big dance.

Keaton Anderson had a bad knee injury Ohio State 2002 ncaas, was number two seed, ended up taking sixth.  I think suriano could not even walk, i believe he could barely walk to the center of the mat to shake the other guys hand to take his fft at big tens.  This maybe a different situation than suriano injury.

All you need to know about Nolf:

1. Nolf heals up - he's cleared by medical - he wrestles

a. He wrestles and does not win the NCAA's

1. Cael's fault - He treated it like Suriano - Nolf transfers to Rutgers

b. He wrestles and wins the NCAA's

1. Cael is a genius and learned from last year's mistakes. Cael knows how to handle his athletes. 

2. Nolf doesn't heal up- Fans don't know he is not healed up - wrestles anyway

a. Fans find out he wasn't healed up - he doesn't win NCAA

1. Cael should be fired - after all that is now 2 guys that Cael has ruined their lives.

b. Fans don't find out he wasn't healed up

1. He was out of shape - what a warrior for trying - this year didn't count - He will be back next year

3. Nolf doesn't return

a. It was Cael's fault for having him wrestle that dual - Cael ruined his life.

b. Cael learned his lesson from Suriano and now is playing safe? Is he losing his edge? Should Terry Brands be the new PSU coach?

c. Nolf must be transferring

1. 17 guys apply to transfer to PSU to take Nolf's spot in the line-up including 35 Yr old Marcus Levessieur to prove he is D1. 

2. Flo posts a list of all 17 possibilities with a breakdown of each on how Cael can make them a champ. 

3. Flo dedicates a show to the 17 possibilities and how each one will affect the returning points for the 2019 NCAA tournament. 

Edited by Idaho

All you need to know about Nolf:

1. Nolf heals up - he's cleared by medical - he wrestles

a. He wrestles and does not win the NCAA's

1. Cael's fault - He treated it like Suriano - Nolf transfers to Rutgers

b. He wrestles and wins the NCAA's

1. Cael is a genius and learned from last year's mistakes. Cael knows how to handle his athletes. 

2. Nolf doesn't heal up- Fans don't know he is not healed up - wrestles anyway

a. Fans find out he wasn't healed up - he doesn't win NCAA

1. Cael should be fired - after all that is now 2 guys that Cael has ruined their lives.

b. Fans don't find out he wasn't healed up

1. He was out of shape - what a warrior for trying - this year didn't count - He will be back next year

3. Nolf doesn't return

a. It was Cael's fault for having him wrestle that dual - Cael ruined his life.

b. Cael learned his lesson from Suriano and now is playing safe? Is he losing his edge? Should Terry Brands be the new PSU coach?

c. Nolf must be transferring

1. 17 guys apply to transfer to PSU to take Nolf's spot in the line-up including 35 Yr old Marcus Levessieur to prove he is D1. 

2. Flo posts a list of all 17 possibilities with a breakdown of each on how Cael can make them a champ. 

3. Flo dedicates a show to the 17 possibilities and how each one will affect the returning points for the 2019 NCAA tournament. 

So your post is all about Cael? 

Anyone know his status? I wouldn’t be surprised if he does the same at the B1G Tournament similar to what PSU did with their 125 pounder in 2017 just to give him more recovery time.

believe he is still "drilling in the room" as we speak, probably been drilling non-stop (well except that time we all saw him on crutches) since the injury ;_;

Nolf has been doing some light workouts with the track team as part of his rehab.  Remarkably, he ran a sub 7-second 60-meter dash a couple of days ago.  Coach Gonda has reportedly asked Cael for permission to enter him in the upcoming Big 10 ​​Indoor Track Championships on February 23 and 24.  

IMO the NCAA should not allow wrestlers the option of sitting out the qualifier and then accepting a wildcard into the NCAA tournament. Injuries are part of the sport and if a wrestler is not healthy enough to compete in the qualifier they should in no way be given a wildcard. What happened last season with Surriano is unacceptable and only prevented another wrestler the opportunity to attend the big dance.

What is a good criteria in your opinion - You have to actually win a match at your qualifier to get an at-large?

Not following this anymore,  I guess we will see on March 3rd and hopefully March 15-17th, I am sure his competitors want him to be okay, because if they win the title with him not there people would always be saying If Nolf was there healthy you would not have won  (also just decency of not wanting to see someone hurt and not able to pursue their dreams,  EVEN if it makes the path to your dreams easier).

Not following this anymore,  I guess we will see on March 3rd and hopefully March 15-17th, I am sure his competitors want him to be okay, because if they win the title with him not there people would always be saying If Nolf was there healthy you would not have won  (also just decency of not wanting to see someone hurt and not able to pursue their dreams,  EVEN if it makes the path to your dreams easier).

There are many many champions that would not be champions had SOMEONE not gotten injured. With that in mind........ the guy who was there and healthy enough, is a very deserving champion.

Not following this anymore, I guess we will see on March 3rd and hopefully March 15-17th, I am sure his competitors want him to be okay, because if they win the title with him not there people would always be saying If Nolf was there healthy you would not have won (also just decency of not wanting to see someone hurt and not able to pursue their dreams, EVEN if it makes the path to your dreams easier).

I don't question Dake's 2nd title because Caldwell was hurt. I don't question Retherford's because Pico went pro. Whoever wins 157 is the champ.

There are many many champions that would not be champions had SOMEONE not gotten injured. With that in mind........ the guy who was there and healthy enough, is a very deserving champion.

There are also many who became champions despite the fact they were injured. I personally believe Nolf can still be one of those this year.