Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

What's with Utah Valley?

Getting nailed by Wyoming and Air Force both?

Are those two teams on the way up or is Utah Valley in a slump?

They have the only wrestling program in Utah and should be getting good kids from the surrounding States as well.

Why aren't they top dogs in the area?

Because a lot of the best Utah kids go on missions and either go on to marriage and babies, or lose something in the two years off. For non Mormons, where that college is located, isn't conducive to having a comfort factor in going to school there

As if WillieBoy needs any sort of overview on Mormonism.

I call'em as I see'em. The culture is sick. Just look at Porter with T-rump. Look at Utah child and spouse abuse problems and the church leadership learning of abuse and calling church lawyers rather than reporting the abusers.

When you don't even know how many "wives" your founder had you have real problems. "30 to 40 Wives"? Marrying a girl "a few months shy of her 15th birthday"? His own legal wife even tried poisoning his coffee at least twice before he was killed in the gunfight.

And no, I don't believe American Indians are really Jewish or that their skin color is a curse from God so they won't be enticing to "White and Delightsome" people.

Utah Valley should have a very good team with the talent pool they have to choose from - even if it does not include many Sanderson relatives.

Wyoming is a decent team.  They gave Ok State a run for their money.  And the UVU vs. Wyoming dual- a lot of the matches were closer than the team score would show...UVU lost 3 in OT and another 3 or 4 matches were 1/2 point decisions I believe.

Lamont wasn't at the Wyoming dual along with another starter. Actually they've been having one of their better years of recent and they're only getting better. I hate to say hopefully but I guess that is the word I'm looking for that a few more of their prized recruits in the next few years for go the mission.

Wyoming is a decent team.  They gave Ok State a run for their money.  And the UVU vs. Wyoming dual- a lot of the matches were closer than the team score would show...UVU lost 3 in OT and another 3 or 4 matches were 1/2 point decisions I believe.

There were two OT matches and one additional one point match.  Not sure why both of the Lamonts and Romero sat.

141: Meredith fall (3:56) over Findlay (UW 6-0)

149: Turner fall (4:37) over Ontiveros (UW 12-0)

157: Colgan tech. fall over Lofthouse 16-1 (UW 17-0)

165: Ashworth winner by forfeit (UW 23-0)

174: Bastian maj. dec. over Kreuger 10-2 (UW 23-4)

184: Polson dec. over Jantzer 8-6 (UW 26-4)

197: Paine dec. over Orndorff 3-2 (UW 29-4)

285: Eagan dec. over Dennison 7-6 (UW 32-4)

125: Foster dec. over Jensen 11-5 (UW 35-4)

133: Bridges dec. over Lloren 8-4 (UW 38-4)