• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:50 AM

Getting nailed by Wyoming and Air Force both?

Are those two teams on the way up or is Utah Valley in a slump?

They have the only wrestling program in Utah and should be getting good kids from the surrounding States as well.

Why aren't they top dogs in the area?

#2 sgallan

sgallan

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 29,466 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

Because a lot of the best Utah kids go on missions and either go on to marriage and babies, or lose something in the two years off. For non Mormons, where that college is located, isn't conducive to having a comfort factor in going to school there

#3 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

As if WillieBoy needs any sort of overview on Mormonism.

#4 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:12 AM

As if WillieBoy needs any sort of overview on Mormonism.

I call'em as I see'em. The culture is sick. Just look at Porter with T-rump. Look at Utah child and spouse abuse problems and the church leadership learning of abuse and calling church lawyers rather than reporting the abusers.

When you don't even know how many "wives" your founder had you have real problems. "30 to 40 Wives"? Marrying a girl "a few months shy of her 15th birthday"? His own legal wife even tried poisoning his coffee at least twice before he was killed in the gunfight.

And no, I don't believe American Indians are really Jewish or that their skin color is a curse from God so they won't be enticing to "White and Delightsome" people.

Utah Valley should have a very good team with the talent pool they have to choose from - even if it does not include many Sanderson relatives.

#5 de4856

de4856

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Well, I hope Taylor Lamont can find his way to the podium come the NCAA's. It would be a big feather in his cap, as well as a big boost for the UVU program.
  • Housebuye likes this

#6 stonerd7

stonerd7
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Wyoming is a decent team.  They gave Ok State a run for their money.  And the UVU vs. Wyoming dual- a lot of the matches were closer than the team score would show...UVU lost 3 in OT and another 3 or 4 matches were 1/2 point decisions I believe.

#7 ConnorsDad

ConnorsDad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

Lamont wasn't at the Wyoming dual along with another starter. Actually they've been having one of their better years of recent and they're only getting better. I hate to say hopefully but I guess that is the word I'm looking for that a few more of their prized recruits in the next few years for go the mission.

#8 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:38 AM

Speaking of Lamont and his brother, why don't they wrestle?

#9 Plasmodium

Plasmodium

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:19 AM

Wyoming is a decent team.  They gave Ok State a run for their money.  And the UVU vs. Wyoming dual- a lot of the matches were closer than the team score would show...UVU lost 3 in OT and another 3 or 4 matches were 1/2 point decisions I believe.

There were two OT matches and one additional one point match.  Not sure why both of the Lamonts and Romero sat.

141: Meredith fall (3:56) over Findlay (UW 6-0)
149: Turner fall (4:37) over Ontiveros (UW 12-0)
157: Colgan tech. fall over Lofthouse 16-1 (UW 17-0)
165: Ashworth winner by forfeit (UW 23-0)
174: Bastian maj. dec. over Kreuger 10-2 (UW 23-4)
184: Polson dec. over Jantzer 8-6 (UW 26-4)
197: Paine dec. over Orndorff 3-2 (UW 29-4)
285: Eagan dec. over Dennison 7-6 (UW 32-4)
125: Foster dec. over Jensen 11-5 (UW 35-4)
133: Bridges dec. over Lloren 8-4 (UW 38-4)

#10 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:24 AM

Yeah, it's crazy. Much of that roster were part of some killer cadet/junior dual teams. Take 2 years off and they turn into tomato cans.

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users