HokieHWT

Loyalty to Your Team

Simple rules:

1. How long have you been following your favorite team?

2. Why did you start following them?

VT: 24 years. Started wrestling as a sophomore in high school and followed them because  they were local. Walked on in 2000 and was on the team through 2003.

Central Michigan - 18 years - it's my Alma mater

Penn State - 8 years - started rooting for them when Casey Cunningham started coaching there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central Michigan is my Alma Mater so I always root for them. Moreso now as a couple people from my old high school are on the team(I graduated HS when they were in elementary school. Hahaha), and also a few kids I coached against the few years I was a teacher/assistant wrestling coach are on the current team as well.

Wresting is really the only sport where I don’t hold collegiate allegiance in the state of Michigan. I’ll root for all Michigan schools to have success. Much different than football season where I’m still a Chippewa but I will pull for state to have success and beat Michigan because wolverine fans are so obnoxious and drive me nuts. Hahaha!

Michigan since high school. Local school. Started about 1980, so 37 years

Steve Fraser was kind of a big deal at the time. Spoke at our "All County" banquet.

Im guessing DF was booked.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Penn State alum class of 2010, Smeal College of Business. Spent 4 years in State College. 

Followed them since I started wrestling. Became more of a fan once Sanderson took over but was still a fan when Sunderland was at the helm. Did camps there in HS. Saw matches when Phil Davis was a freshman at Rec Hall. 

tOSU - since I started "caring" about wrestling, I just sort of wrestled in elementary and didnt really give a crap until like 7th grade. So, lets call it 06'. I'm a Columbus Native, and they're THE team here. I also attended a few Tommy Rowlands 1-day camps, so I'm sure that played a factor. 

NC State - since their 2016 season. Im a fan of Pop, and I think Gwiz had a pretty cool career, still does.