Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

I loved the Snyder for Hodge Era...

People need to put this into perspective.  Snyder lost by two points to a guy who outweighs him by 50+ pounds.

How do you think Suriano would do against Hall or Zahid?

Snyder is a beast but there is no shame in losing to a guy who could theoretically be six weight classes above you.

That being said, I still hate tOSU and hope that they don't end up with any champs this year!

People need to put this into perspective.  Snyder lost by two points to a guy who outweighs him by 50+ pounds.

Snyder is a beast but there is no shame in losing to a guy who could theoretically be six weight classes above you.

That being said, I still hate tOSU and hope that they don't end up with any champs this year!

What would those theoretical weight classes be?

What would those theoretical weight classes be?

My point is that the gap between the top two classes is different than everything below.  If the largest gap between other weights is 12 lbs imagine if it went 197, 209, 221, 233, 245, 257, 269, 281.

The fact is that they are in two different weight classes but Snyder's unbelievable strength and ability allow him to compete and thrive.  Coon has become the big man who is using what nature gave him to solve the king of wrestling.

I'm surprised, I would have taken Snyder vs an elephant before I saw that match.

I'm f'in SHOCKED. WOW. Props to Coon. I had Snyder as my most confident champ this year. I still think he wins, but I'm a LOT less confident. That was a legit win by Coon and I didn't see anything to indicate it can't happen again, no matter what Snyder does. Just wow is all I have.

My point is that the gap between the top two classes is different than everything below. If the largest gap between other weights is 12 lbs imagine if it went 197, 209, 221, 233, 245, 257, 269, 281.

The fact is that they are in two different weight classes but Snyder's unbelievable strength and ability allow him to compete and thrive. Coon has become the big man who is using what nature gave him to solve the king of wrestling.

I know what your point is, however if these theoretical weight classes existed, you would have a lot of empty weight classes then. There aren't nearly enough guys to fill those weights.

Kyle Snyder is the best in the world, however he is not a 197lber. Could He even make 197? He weighed in about 225 which is in every possible definition a college heavyweight. It is not where near the same thing as a 149lber wrestling at 174.

Why don't these boards erupt whenever Jacob Kasper loses a match?

Why does no one complain when it comes to him wrestling at heavyweight.

I see no difference between Kasper being a heavyweight with Snyder being a heavyweight.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Coon almost turned a corner twice on Snyder, and had his leg elevated on a real shot. The body lock could have scored nf points. Snyder took a bigger beating than the score indicated.

Coon almost had a minute riding time, too.   Something like 52 seconds if I recall.   Coon had an answer for everything the whole match.  Not sure how Snyder adjusts at Big Tens and Nationals, though many are looking forward to the rematch.   Nevills slowed Snyder down a little; Coon actually stopped him.

I know what your point is, however if these theoretical weight classes existed, you would have a lot of empty weight classes then. There aren't nearly enough guys to fill those weights.

Kyle Snyder is the best in the world, however he is not a 197lber. Could He even make 197? He weighed in about 225 which is in every possible definition a college heavyweight. It is not where near the same thing as a 149lber wrestling at 174.

Why don't these boards erupt whenever Jacob Kasper loses a match?

Why does no one claim when it comes to him wrestling at heavyweight.

I see no difference between Kasper being a heavyweight with Snyder being a heavyweight.

Kasper has been having a great year, all told.  Something like 31-2 with his only losses to Nevills and Tanner Hall.  What does Kasper weigh? I would guess it is very close to what Snyder weighs.

Kasper has been having a great year, all told. Something like 31-2 with his only losses to Nevills and Tanner Hall. What does Kasper weigh? I would guess it is very close to what Snyder weighs.

Yet no one makes excuses for his losses to Nevils or Hall.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Congrats to Adam Coon! This kid is a stud.

Probably easy to say now, but not really surprised that Coon beat Snyder at 285.

Where else could he have beaten the 2 time defending champ of 285?       I think we'd all be surprised if he beat him at 197 or below, if that's what you're suggesting. 

People need to put this into perspective. Snyder lost by two points to a guy who outweighs him by 50+ pounds.

Yes it’s big size difference but 285 is about 25% more than 220 or so. 25% more than 125 is 157, not 174.

Kasper has been having a great year, all told.  Something like 31-2 with his only losses to Nevills and Tanner Hall.  What does Kasper weigh? I would guess it is very close to what Snyder weighs.

Last year at NCAAs Kasper was the lightest wrestler weighing in at 218 lbs.  Snyder was about 225 lbs.  I haven't heard any official weigh in weights for this year but Snyder's weight is still around 225.  I doubt Kasper is much more than that.

Last year at NCAAs Kasper was the lightest wrestler weighing in at 218 lbs.  Snyder was about 225 lbs.  I haven't heard any official weigh in weights for this year but Snyder's weight is still around 225.  I doubt Kasper is much more than that.

Snyder looks heavier than 225 to me, but maybe that's cuz he wrestles taller :D

Snyder is a great wrestler and doesn't win the matches that he wins without being smart.  However, it baffles me that he wants to go out and push and pull and tie up for 7 minutes with these guys that outweigh him by so much.  That's what drains him(plus him trying to dead lift every heavyweight in the land).

Wrestle a smarter match and use your speed and he wins against Coon.  Play the heavyweight game with Coon and I wouldn't be surprised at the same outcome.  There aren't many heavy's as smart as Coon and plus he's got some pretty damn wrestling skills as well.

Where else could he have beaten the 2 time defending champ of 285?       I think we'd all be surprised if he beat him at 197 or below, if that's what you're suggesting. 

What I meant to say is if there was one wrestler in the NCAA who could beat Snyder it would be Coon. Adam is probably every bit of 285 and then some, whereas Kyle was down to 214ish just 2 weeks ago. Coon is a world class Greco, freestyle and folkstyler.

I'm not being one bit gleeful that Kyle lost - just congratulating Adam on a job well done.

David vs Goliath Part 2 and 3 should be epic.

What I meant to say is if there was one wrestler in the NCAA who could beat Snyder it would be Coon. Adam is probably every bit of 285 and then some, whereas Kyle was down to 214ish just 2 weeks ago. Coon is a world class Greco, freestyle and folkstyler.

I'm not being one bit gleeful that Kyle lost - just congratulating Adam on a job well done.

David vs Goliath Part 2 and 3 should be epic.

That makes sense.    Thanks for the feedback. 

Coon for Hodge.

hey you know crazier things have happened. If Coon wins out and is 3-0 vs Snyder, he's got a strong case. And they slant this award any number of ways, beating Snyder 3x would be a pretty good angle.