• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:01 PM

That guy really, REALLY, needs to check himself. I am all for the occasional ragged post, but he made it sound like it was impossible that anyone could even deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as Kyle Snyder.

Well, that jig is up. Welcome to the Hodge race, Mr. Coon.

I know! I didn't even say Coon was going to win, just that I was looking forward to watching the match.

Record Holder:  Most Escapes in a Season

#22 jchapman

jchapman

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

I'm surprised, I would have taken Snyder vs an elephant before I saw that match.

Did you see Coon/Stoll? Because that made me think Coon might be too much for Kyle.

Record Holder:  Most Escapes in a Season

#23 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

That guy really, REALLY, needs to check himself. I am all for the occasional ragged post, but he made it sound like it was impossible that anyone could even deserve to be spoken about in the same breath as Kyle Snyder.

Well, that jig is up. Welcome to the Hodge race, Mr. Coon. 

WHAT?????

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST ANYONE OTHER THAN ZAIN "THE INSANE, IMPOSSIBLE TO EXPLAIN, PAIN TRAIN" RUTHERFORD BEING ELIGIBLE FOR THE HODGE!!!

Turn in your PSU fan card immediately!!!

#24 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,870 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

WHAT?????

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST ANYONE OTHER THAN ZAIN "THE INSANE, IMPOSSIBLE TO EXPLAIN, PAIN TRAIN" RUTHERFORD BEING ELIGIBLE FOR THE HODGE!!!

Turn in your PSU fan card immediately!!!

Lol. 

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#25 Powerline

Powerline

Bronze Member

• Banned
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

I have to say though, and I am a HUGE Snyder fan, he is giving up too much weight to another world level wrestler. His talent may not be able to override Coon's size. I hope he can go back and figure something out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Exactly - that’s like a Meredith wrestling Joseph

#26 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:31 PM

Coon almost turned a corner twice on Snyder, and had his leg elevated on a real shot. The body lock could have scored nf points. Snyder took a bigger beating than the score indicated.

#27 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:34 PM

Meredith weighs in at the 141 weight class, Joseph weighs in at the 165 weight class

Snyder weighs in at the 285 weight class, Coon weighs in at the 285 weight class.

Not similar at all.

#28 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:35 PM

Or Sadulaev wrestling Snyder

Anyone but Heil '18

http://contenttolosebythree.com

#29 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

Or Sadulaev wrestling Snyder

WOAH WOAH WOAH THERE... the disadvantage only exists when its "our" guy facing the disadvantage.

#30 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 12,870 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

Snyder is a great American wrestler who is currently going to be number 2 in his college weight class.

Penn State - NCAA Champions 7 of the last 8 Years

#31 buckshot1969

buckshot1969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

People need to put this into perspective.  Snyder lost by two points to a guy who outweighs him by 50+ pounds.

How do you think Suriano would do against Hall or Zahid?

Snyder is a beast but there is no shame in losing to a guy who could theoretically be six weight classes above you.

That being said, I still hate tOSU and hope that they don't end up with any champs this year!

• mattchristensen112 likes this

#32 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:51 PM

People need to put this into perspective.  Snyder lost by two points to a guy who outweighs him by 50+ pounds.

How do you think Suriano would do against Hall or Zahid?

Snyder is a beast but there is no shame in losing to a guy who could theoretically be six weight classes above you.

That being said, I still hate tOSU and hope that they don't end up with any champs this year!

What would those theoretical weight classes be?

#33 repechange

repechange

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:53 PM

At HWT I don't put much stock in size differences. The lighter heavies are often quicker and don't sacrifice a ton of strength.

Edited by repechange, 11 February 2018 - 06:31 PM.

#34 ionel

ionel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:58 PM

ahh ... 7+, did you see the pizza boxes? ;)
  • xander likes this

#35 buckshot1969

buckshot1969

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

What would those theoretical weight classes be?

My point is that the gap between the top two classes is different than everything below.  If the largest gap between other weights is 12 lbs imagine if it went 197, 209, 221, 233, 245, 257, 269, 281.

The fact is that they are in two different weight classes but Snyder's unbelievable strength and ability allow him to compete and thrive.  Coon has become the big man who is using what nature gave him to solve the king of wrestling.

#36 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:37 PM

I'm surprised, I would have taken Snyder vs an elephant before I saw that match.

I'm f'in SHOCKED. WOW. Props to Coon. I had Snyder as my most confident champ this year. I still think he wins, but I'm a LOT less confident. That was a legit win by Coon and I didn't see anything to indicate it can't happen again, no matter what Snyder does. Just wow is all I have.

#37 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

My point is that the gap between the top two classes is different than everything below. If the largest gap between other weights is 12 lbs imagine if it went 197, 209, 221, 233, 245, 257, 269, 281.

The fact is that they are in two different weight classes but Snyder's unbelievable strength and ability allow him to compete and thrive. Coon has become the big man who is using what nature gave him to solve the king of wrestling.

I know what your point is, however if these theoretical weight classes existed, you would have a lot of empty weight classes then. There aren't nearly enough guys to fill those weights.

Kyle Snyder is the best in the world, however he is not a 197lber. Could He even make 197? He weighed in about 225 which is in every possible definition a college heavyweight. It is not where near the same thing as a 149lber wrestling at 174.

Why don't these boards erupt whenever Jacob Kasper loses a match?
Why does no one complain when it comes to him wrestling at heavyweight.
I see no difference between Kasper being a heavyweight with Snyder being a heavyweight.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 11 February 2018 - 06:06 PM.

#38 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

Coon almost turned a corner twice on Snyder, and had his leg elevated on a real shot. The body lock could have scored nf points. Snyder took a bigger beating than the score indicated.

Coon almost had a minute riding time, too.   Something like 52 seconds if I recall.   Coon had an answer for everything the whole match.  Not sure how Snyder adjusts at Big Tens and Nationals, though many are looking forward to the rematch.   Nevills slowed Snyder down a little; Coon actually stopped him.

#39 dmm53

dmm53

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:49 PM

I know what your point is, however if these theoretical weight classes existed, you would have a lot of empty weight classes then. There aren't nearly enough guys to fill those weights.

Kyle Snyder is the best in the world, however he is not a 197lber. Could He even make 197? He weighed in about 225 which is in every possible definition a college heavyweight. It is not where near the same thing as a 149lber wrestling at 174.

Why don't these boards erupt whenever Jacob Kasper loses a match?
Why does no one claim when it comes to him wrestling at heavyweight.
I see no difference between Kasper being a heavyweight with Snyder being a heavyweight.

Kasper has been having a great year, all told.  Something like 31-2 with his only losses to Nevills and Tanner Hall.  What does Kasper weigh? I would guess it is very close to what Snyder weighs.

• BigTenFanboy likes this

#40 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

Kasper has been having a great year, all told. Something like 31-2 with his only losses to Nevills and Tanner Hall. What does Kasper weigh? I would guess it is very close to what Snyder weighs.

Yet no one makes excuses for his losses to Nevils or Hall.

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 11 February 2018 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users