Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

285lbs - The 3 Peat Curse

The more pertinent question is "How is Snyder going to beat Coon -- meaning what will his strategy or approach be.?"  What will he do differently?  Coon looked solid in all parts of the match.  Came close to two more takedowns.  Rode Snyder for nearly a minute.  Defended when Snyder was in deep.    Snyder can certainly win a rematch, but I don't think it is a fait accompli.

Yeah, 3 years later. Coon/Snyder gonna hit in 2021?

Gadson beat him in the regular season and again in the finals.

That didn’t refute my claim. He always avenges his losses.

He will just need to shorten the time frame.

I’d put money on him doing it

The more pertinent question is "How is Snyder going to beat Coon -- meaning what will his strategy or approach be.?" What will he do differently? Coon looked solid in all parts of the match. Came close to two more takedowns. Rode Snyder for nearly a minute. Defended when Snyder was in deep. Snyder can certainly win a rematch, but I don't think it is a fait accompli.

He won’t try a high crotch again.

I think it will be all low ankle stuff, ducks etc

He thought he could beat him with his standard shots because it worked against all other heavyweights (Gwiz, Nevills, last year’s final)

Now he knows and will correct it

He won’t try a high crotch again.

I think it will be all low ankle stuff, ducks etc

He thought he could beat him with his standard shots because it worked against all other heavyweights (Gwiz, Nevills, last year’s final)

Now he knows and will correct it

That didn’t refute my claim. He always avenges his losses.

He will just need to shorten the time frame.

I’d put money on him doing it

Actually it does refute your claim.  If your statement was "always avenges his losses if given multiple chances", then you'd be correct.

He was given a chance to avenge a loss in March 2015 and came up short.  That's not always.

Edited by LemonPie

Didn’t it happen to Tony Nelson and Gwiz also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes soph Gwiz stopped Nelson from getting a 3rd and then soph Snyder stopped Gwiz from getting his 3rd. is there a soph that can derail Snyder this season? 

IMO the issue with the matchup is length more so than weight.  There's just so much distance for Snyder to cover... you would think a low ankle attack would be the easiest to finish against a guy that big, but Snyder likes to attack the left ankle, and if Coon's going to lead hard with his right it's just going to be hard to get there.  That's why he went for the Hi-C, but as we saw he couldn't finish with a lift.  Maybe he can hit a high crotch again and transition to head inside position and get the finish that way.  Another option is the foot-stomp single which worked against Medberry, but again he typically hits that to the right and Coon's trail leg is hard to reach.  

It's possible in a rematch Coon could abuse that over/under position even more.  I just don't see what Snyder can get done there, and Coon might be able to get to it fairly easily given his reach advantage.